Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

IOS 14.5 requires update

mSecure has to be updated in order to work with IOS 14.5. SO do NOT install 14.5 as long as the app. is not updated. If it is not fixed  within a few days I will stop using this app. It  is too essential and should work all the time.

39 people have this problem

@Carlo mSecure 5 is the solution for the iOS 14.5 update issue, since it is the upgrade to mSecure 4. Have you installed mSecure 5, created an account and then gone through the migration process? You can find more information here: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/discussions/topics/36000020017

Dear mike how do I create an account on mSecure 5 and then get my information wue they are on mSecure 4 that I have more that doesn't open anymore???

Hi Carlo,

All that is needed is to download mSecure 5, create a new account, and then tell mSecure to migrate the data in from the old app when it asks you if you in the account setup process. Have you installed mSecure 5 yet? If not, the first thing you need to do is install mSecure 5. After you install mSecure 5, open the app, and when you get to the page asking you if you would like to Sign In or Sign Up, choose the option to Sign Up for a new account. As you go through the next few pages in the setup, you'll reach a screen where mSecure will ask you if you want to migrate your information in from the older app. Confirm that you would like to migrate your data, and then finish the setup process.

Were you able to that Carlo?

Same problem here.  All the suggested solutions, ultimately result in me losing my passwords. So far mSecure’s reaction to the problem is  not good enough. Might even be some litigation on the cards, or at the very least some pretty bad reviews for the company. 

@Paulbbatch When you say, "...ultimately resulted in me losing my passwords" can you explain what you mean? The only way to loose passwords after the iOS 14.5 update is if you do not know the password for opening the old mSecure app. If you know your password, and you still have mSecure 4 installed, I should be able to help you migrate.

Same problem here. I just upgraded my IOS, and now no longer have access to any of the passwords I use on a daily bases. I’ve read through the forum pages and feel I have a good grasp on what needs to be done. My issue is I paid for and like v4. I don’t want or need any of the upgraded features I’m now being forced to pay for. I don’t want/need my passwords stored in the cloud. I don’t need multi device capabilities. All I need is to be able to access and add passwords to the database stored on my phone. I have been a happy customer for years but this has changed things. This feels a bit like a bait and switch maneuver. As a business owner, I understand making improvements to stay competitive but it shouldn’t be done at the expense of long time customers. Certainly there are other options available for legacy users who shouldn’t be forced to pay for an upgrade they don’t want. Look forward to your reasponse.

Hi Ahmad,

Unfortunately, there aren't any other options for continuing to use mSecure. The older version of the app is no longer supported, and mSecure 5 is the currently supported update to that app. We do have mSecure 6 coming out soon, but it is much more like v5 and less like v4. Coming from v4, both mSecure 5 and 6 would be paid upgrades.

I have this problem too and they keep sending me directions that do not work.  I can not get into my old app as I get the same message you all have received.  When I downloaded a newer app it said I already had one for my email address.....  I never received a QR code so I can not unlock anything.  Very very very frustrating.  Can not talk to a live person.

How many tickets do you need before someone really helps?

I am having the same problem mSecure needs to update the app so that it works with the new Apple update.

Hi Sally and Donah,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the recent iOS update. Unfortunately, mSecure 4 is no longer supported, so there won't be any updates to that version of the app. The problem is, at some point in time, older, unsupported apps always run into issues like this, which is why developers have to provide an option so that it doesn't happen. mSecure 5 is that option, as it is the update to mSecure 4 that keeps what's happening in iOS 14.5 and 14.6 from taking place.

In the older version of the app, we implemented an advertisement for mSecure 5, and that was to let our users know that the app was available and that they could upgrade at any time. Along with that advertisement, we provided an option to close it and not show it again in the future. We are finding that a lot of customers have used that option, so they aren't seeing the ad any longer. The problem is, we have no way of contacting our older customers, because the older app doesn't have an account system. Without an account system, we don't have their email addresses. If we did have their emails, we would be in communication about what is currently happening.

However, the issue brought about by recent iOS updates are a different story altogether. On all our company test devices, we have still not encountered the issue you and other customers are experiencing, which, though there are a lot of people who have experienced the problem, is actually a very small percentage of our overall customer base. Even had we been able to contact our users via email, we wouldn't have done so before the iOS 14.5 update, because we never knew it would cause this problem. And Apple doesn't send developers notifications that this type of behavior will occur, so there was no way for us to know ahead of time.

The good news is, if you still know your password to mSecure 4, you haven't lost your data. All you would need to do is install mSecure 5, create a new account and then migrate your data in from the old app. You can find out more about this process here: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/discussions/topics/36000020017

---

@Sally If you already have an mSecure 5 account, you will need to reset the account first, and then you will be able to perform the migration. The link above talks about this process and provides an article to walk you through resetting your account.

I log into mSecure5 and it says I need a QR Code so I can not go any further into the app to reset it.  What should I do?  I deleted and reinstalled the app several times on my iphone.   I can get into version4 app on my Ipad still as that has not been updated to the new IOS.  Is there a way to do something from there? 

I am having the same problem as Sally I grave mSecure 5 I’ve signed in but it’s asking for a QR code and I’ve never received the email that is supp To come that has it.?? How do I proceed??

@Sally and @Donahy Since you already have an mSecure 5 account, you will first need to reset your account. The migration process is only triggered when the mSecure 5 account is in a fresh state, and in a fresh state, you will not be asked for your QR code. The QR code is only used to authenticate you as the owner of the account once it has been set up. Since after an account reset, it's as though it has never been signed in to before, you will get a new QR code after the sign in is complete.

The first thing you need to do is delete mSecure 5 from your device. Make sure you don't uninstall mSecure 4, as that will lead to data loss. After you have deleted mSecure 5, follow the steps in this article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

After the account is reset, install mSecure 5 from the App Store app, then sign in to the account using your account's email address and password you just set. After you sign in, you'll need to choose a sync feature. Go ahead and choose mSecure Cloud syncing, which can be changed later if needed. The next screen after that should ask you if you want to import your data in from mSecure 4.

I have the same problem ie cannot open msecure 4.5.4 on my iPhone, error message tells me msecure needs to be updated.  I have followed the instructions repeatedly, but am never offered the migrate option in msecure 5.  I have repeatedly uninstalled the app and followed the instructions to reset the account.  Now after the reset, it tells me that the email address is already taken so I have to use "sign in" rather than "sign up".  My mother had the same setup and problem but msecure 5 did offer her the migrate option so I have seen how it works; I am never offered it.  I am running out of ideas at how to recover all my passwords.  Help!

Login or Signup to post a comment