Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

IOS 14.5 requires update

mSecure has to be updated in order to work with IOS 14.5. SO do NOT install 14.5 as long as the app. is not updated. If it is not fixed  within a few days I will stop using this app. It  is too essential and should work all the time.

39 people have this problem

I am now using msecure v 5 on two iphone 6s, an ipad,  ipad air and my PC with windows 10on my account   I really like version 5 and will go through a period of minor inconvenience because I failed to sync before I began using IOS 14.5 with my iphone 6.

Summary five stars for msecure v 5.  I should have converted years ago.

@MJ It's great to hear you were able to migrate your data into mSecure 5! We are currently running a discount on our website for 33% off the regular price. You can purchase from the site, and just be sure to enter in the email address you used to create your mSecure 5 account. The license will be applied to your account after the purchase is complete.

@Dan Thank you very much for the feedback Dan!

Happy to say that I have also been able to migrate my data over to v5 following the method outlined by Mike, thank you very much! May I also ask for access to the 50% discount code for customers upgrading from v4?

@Dan Thank you for your feedback, and it's great to hear the mSecure 5 transition was seamless!

@Paul Here is a post that will help with getting the 50% discount: iOS 14.5 Issues and Discount. You have already gone through the upgrade process, so you can skip to the last part of the post that provides the instructions for purchasing on our site.

Same issue here with mSecure 4 stating it needs to be updated to work with this version of IOS (14.5). mSeven needs to provide a workaround to at least be able to transfer existing mSecure 4 data to the mSecure 5 App if they're no longer providing support and updates for mSecure 4. 

@Glenn Please see posts above for help on migrating to mSecure 5. All that is needed is to download mSecure 5 and set up a new account. During the account setup, you'll be asked if you would like to migrate your data in from the old app. Here's the link mentioned in the post above that goes over the process in a little more depth and shows how to get a discount on the upgrade: iOS 14.5 Issues and Discount

I had the same problem and resolved it by reinstalling MSecure 4.5.4. After updating iPhone 7+ to iOS 14.5 mSecure app would not open. I made a backup of my mSecure data on my iMac version of mSecure first. Deleted mSecure 4.5.4 on iPhone. Installed mSecure 4.5.4 on iPhone. The app opens on the iPhone! I setup the sync up and the data was restored.

I have the same problem in v4 and have hundreds of passwords that Icantaccess

Thanks Stefan but I don’t understand how you could make a backup of the existing V4.5.4 if you can’t open the present V4.5.4 App to access the Preferences to select Backup? Also, how and from where did you reinstall the V4.5.4 mSecure App if it no longer resides in the IOS App Store?

@Gary The only way to move forward in this case is to install mSecure 5. You can look at the instructions here for more details: iOS 14.5 Issues and Discount

@Glenn We have heard of some customers having success with reinstalling, but we don't recommend it unless you know for sure you have a backup that has all of your data, that you're absolutely certain you know the password, and that you have another device on which you can install the old app to make sure you are not going to loose your information. Since we are seeing this issue take place more and more as newer versions of iOS are released, the best way to retain access to your data is simply upgrade to mSecure 5. That way, you'll never have to worry about this again in the future.

Installed update 14.5 on my phone and now I can’t access my passwords on mSecure…This is a major problem! Looks like other people are having the same problem…I hope they work this out for us
@Glenn - Mike from mSecure makes an important point. You must be absolutely sure you have your data somewhere else before deleting the app and trying to reinstall. In my case I sync mSecure on my iPhone, iPad and iMac. So once it stopped working on iPhone I still had access to all my mSecure data on two other devices. I made a backup from another device. Regarding installing V4.5.4, for for Apple devices Apple allows downloading apps you previously purchased. Even though V4.5.4 is not in the App Store it is available under the Apple ID Purchased apps list. You can search online for details how to do this if I am not clear. Your situation might be best solved by upgrading to V5 if you are unsure if you have a backup. Probably best to follow mSecure’s advice in the long run.

@Stefan Thank you very much for the follow-up post here clarifying your experience!

I downloaded the new version but it did not give me the option to migrate my data from the previous version.  Am I missing where to do that?

@Melissa If you didn't get the option to migrate, that means the mSecure 5 app was not in a fresh state. What you will need to do first is reset your mSecure 5 account, and then sign in to it again. When you sign in after the reset, you should get the option to migrate. You will find the instructions for resetting your account here: Account Reset

You will need to uninstall mSecure 5, then reinstall it from the App Store app on your iOS device. Remember, whatever you do, don't delete the mSecure 4 app with the bright blue app icon. That app has your data in it, and if you delete it, your data will be deleted as well.

Login or Signup to post a comment