With the release of iOS 12 and mSecure 5.6, it is now easier than ever to sign in to your online accounts. Whether you prefer to use 3rd party apps, like Facebook and Netflix, or just like to open Safari, or other browsers, and go to facebook.com and netflix.com, you are now able to sign in to your accounts faster than ever. What's more, making use of the new Password AutoFill feature is the same whether your using an app or the Safari web browser.
Enable Password AutoFill
Before you can use the Password AutoFill feature to auto-fill your username and password, you'll need to enable it in iOS's Settings. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device running iOS 12 (if the iOS version is less than 12, the Password AutoFill feature will not be available on that device)
- Scroll down and tap "Passwords & Accounts"
- Tap "AutoFill Passwords"
- Turn on the "AutoFill Passwords" toggle if it is not already in the on position
- Under "ALLOW FILLING FROM", make sure mSecure has a checkmark to the right of it, which indicates it has permission to auto-fill your credentials
After allowing mSecure to auto-fill your passwords, you will now see a bar above your keyboard after tapping into the username or password fields on sign in pages in 3rd party apps and websites.
Auto-Fill for 3rd Party Apps
- Open your app of choice
- Go to the sign in or login screen
- Select your Login in the keyboard or tap the key icon to select more options
Auto-Fill for Websites in Safari
- Open Safari
- Navigate to your website's login page
- Select your Login or tap the key icon to select more options
There are times when the Password AutoFill feature will not work correctly. Typically, this is caused by the app or website not implementing the form correctly. If the forms are not constructed correctly, it's not possible for iOS and mSecure to work together to fill in the credentials for your account. Since these types of problems are outside of our control, we are unable to fix issues where usernames and passwords are not getting auto-filled for certain apps and sites.
However, there are problems we may be able to fix, so we invite you to report any issues you might run into while using the Password AutoFill feature in mSecure. To report a bug, click "Submit a Ticket" at the bottom of this page, and let us know what you are experiencing. It's important you provide the name of the app and/or the URL for the website you are trying to sign in to, along with a detailed description of what happens when you use the feature. After we receive your report, we will do some testing, then let you know whether the issue can be fixed or not.
Remember, you must give mSecure permission in iOS's Settings before it will be able to auto-fill your credentials. Please double-check the "Enable Password AutoFill" section above to make sure everything is set up correctly before sending in an issue report.
Did you find it helpful?