Use this article to learn how to use our built-in browser to auto-fill and auto-submit your mSecure login information.
By default, mSecure sets our built-in browser to be set as the browser of choice. However, you can use Safari instead. If you choose to use the Safari browser, you either select "Auto-Copy on URL Launch" options to automatically copy the username and(or) password. Alternatively, you can use our mSecure Extension in Safari or Chrome to login to your records instead.
You can access these settings by opening and unlocking mSecure 5 -> Tapping the menu icon -> Tapping Settings -> Select Browser Settings
Within these settings you can also clear the Cookies and Data if you'd like to reset the built-in browser, select whether you'd like our built-in browser to Auto-Submit your login information, and set your default home page as well.
Login Record Type
Like other features, our built-in browser depends on our Login record type in order to work to auto-fill and auto-submit your record information. However, you can use any record with a URL type in order to launch the built-in browser.
Auto-Fill and Auto-Submit
When using our Login record type, our Data Insert option in the built-in browser will automatically pull up any matching Login record information for you and automatically fill in that information to a login form available on a page matching the record's URL. The Field Fill will also try to auto-submit the information to help you login.
The data insert option is selected by tapping the icon in the top right corner when in our default browser. You can select the < back option in the Field Fill area in order to access all of your records and their fields through our Data Insert option. The Data insert provides options to specifically view All records, Login records, All Favorites, or Favorite Logins quickly.
To use the Data insert option:
- Tap an input on a website, tap the the Data Insert icon
- Tap back to access all of your information (you can select any of the matching fields that show up instead)
- Tap the record you'd like to access
- Tap the field whose data you'd like to insert in the input
You can easily access the password generator to create strong random password for your login records. Combined with the auto-fill and auto-submit functions, you can use it to quickly and easily update your account passwords using a strong secure random password.
One example on how to use the Password Generator:
- Open and unlock mSecure 5
- Tap a Login record to view it's details
- Tap the URL field
- Login to your online account
- Our auto-fill and auto-submit should make this quick
- You can use the Data Insert option if needed
- Navigate to the website's account password change page
- Our auto-fill feature will try to auto-fill in the current password for your record
- There will also be an additional Password Generator icon next to the new password field
- Tap the Password Generator icon
- Generate the kind of password you would like and tap the "Copy" option
- Paste this random password in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields
When updating a Login record's password, mSecure will try to capture this password change. If it detects the password change, it will prompt you asking if you'd like to update the password for your record. If not successful, you can exit the built-in browser, select the record whose password you changed, and update the password for the record by pasting the randomly generated password in the password field and saving the record.
You can quickly lock mSecure by tapping the lock icon
Navigate Backwards and Forward
Use the < and > icons to navigate backwards or forward on a website.
Use the icon on the lower right corner to access browser page options. This allows you to create a new browser tab, navigate to currently opened tabs, or close a tab (swipe left on the page title to close the tab).
Did you find it helpful?