Use this article to learn how to use our basic Login Assist option to easily copy and paste your login information using your default browser. Note that this is to enable and use our basic login assist to use with your default browser. If you would prefer a less manual process, and auto login for apps as well, you can enable our 3rd Party Login feature instead.
Enable Login Assist
- Open and unlock mSecure 5
- Tap the menu icon
- Tap Settings
- Tap Browser
- Tap Login-Assist
- Select either "Default browser, password and username on login-assist menu" or "Prompt"
Use Login Assist
There are two ways to open the Login Assist:
- Browser Settings Set to "Default browser, password and username on login-assist menu"
- To use this option, you can either long tap a record in the main view and select "Auto-Login" or you can tap a record to view it's details and tap the record's URL
- To use this option, you can either long tap a record in the main view and select "Default Browser" or you can tap a record to view it's details, tap the record's URL, and select "Default Browser"
Either way, mSecure will open your default browser or prompt you for which browser to use if you have no default browser set and provide a login-assist popup you can use to copy and paste your login credentials.
To use the Login Assist popup:
- Tap on the copy icon next to the username to copy the username
- Tap on the email or username input on the website and paste the username
- Tap on the copy icon next to the password to copy the password
- Tap on the password input on the website and paste the username
- Close the Login Assist by tapping and holding mSecure floating icon and dragging the icon to the bottom X icon that will appear on your screen
Alternatively, you can use the Login assist to manually type in your login credentials. The password field can be viewed by tapping on the masked (*********) password.
Did you find it helpful?