If you’re new to mSecure, learn how to use the Android app to manage your passwords, credit cards, secure notes, and more.
When you install mSecure from the Google Play Store, the mSecure icon will be automatically added to the first available section on your homescreen. Tap the icon to launch the app.
If using Android 8 or above
You can tap and hold the mSecure icon to quickly create Login, Credit Card, or Secure Notes records.
Create quick shortcuts
You can also tap, hold, and drag the New Note, New Card, or New login option to create a shortcut on your home screen to quickly create a new login, card, or note.
Create and manage your items
When you open mSecure, you’ll see a list of all your items, like your passwords and credit cards. Select an record to see its details.
To navigate quickly, start scrolling and you will see a tap on the right hand side. Tap and hold that quickscroll button to quickly scroll through all of your records.
Quickly Access Additional Options
Tapping and holding a record in the main view lets you access additional options.
Create a record
To add an item to mSecure, tap the FAB (+ button), and choose the type of record you would like to create. Enter the record’s details, and tap the check mark to create your record.
Edit a record
To edit an item, select it and tap Edit. When you’re done making changes, tap the check mark to save your changes.
Add in-line field, attach PDF, or attach a Photo
When editing a record, tap the FAB icon to get additional options.
Adding a new field to a record
mSecure allows you to add fields to individual records. However, you can also add fields to the record type (record template) in the Edit Types section of the Settings if you'd like to have a field accessible for that record type any time you create or edit the record type.
To add a field,
- Tap the + button in the Edit window
- Tap Add Field
- Give your new field a label
- Select the field type that you would like to use
- Add information to the field
Quickly search and access records
Switch between All Items and the main record types
mSecure has 3 main record types easily accessible at all times along with All Items and Recent items to make accessing your information as easy as possible.
Tap one of the 5 tabs to view the corresponding records.
Easily access your most important records by marking your favorite records and enabling the Favorites toggle.
Searching is the fastest way to find what you need in mSecure. mSecure will search as you type.
The navigation drawer gives you access to most of mSecure’s options. To view the navigation drawer, tap the three horizontal lines(hamburger menu) icon on the top left corner of mSecure’s main view.
Use our new Security Center to keep up with your Login record’s security. Here you’ll be able to see how many weak, duplicate, and(or) old passwords you have. You’ll also be able to change the passwords for your online accounts directly from the security center insuring that all of your online accounts are kept safe and up to date.
Our build-in browser makes auto-login, auto-submit, and auto-capture easy. You can also access all of your mSecure information within the built-in browser. However, you can also use our Login Assist to login to your online accounts using other browsers.
mSecure allows you to sort items by Group, Type, Name, and Date. Your sort selection will follow you with the groups filters.
Filter between groups
mSecure comes with 3 built-in groups. By default mSecure starts with Personal, Business, and Unassigned groups. When you create a record, it will added as to the unassigned group by default. However, you are free to change the group when creating or editing a record.
You can also create new groups by going going into the mSecure settings, tapping Edit Groups, and tapping the + icon.
To access the mSecure settings, tap the hamburger menu (top left corner icon) and tap settings.
Here you will be able to view account settings and change your password
- Account Settings: Allows you to view your username/email address, view QR code, and resend authentication email.
- Change Password: Allows you to change your account password.
The security options allow you to enable/disable fingerprint, change Auto-lock settings, enable Self-destruct, enable/disable Hide sensitive data, enable/disable Recent apps menu, and enable/disable the notification bar icon.
- Fingerprint: Allows you to use your fingerprint to unlock mSecure.
- Auto-lock: By default, mSecure Auto-Locks immediately after you leave mSecure. However, you can change that setting here.
- Self-destruct: The Self-Destruct feature allows you to have your mSecure information removed from your device after a certain amount of failed login attempts. The information is only removed from your device. You can sign back into mSecure on the device later or on another device to access your information.
- Hide sensitive data: Tell mSecure whether you would like to automatically view sensitive information in mSecure like passwords or credit card numbers.
- Recent apps menu: Show screenshot of mSecure in the recent apps menu.
- Notification bar: Show icon in notification bar
The Data options allow you to permanently delete records or recover records, Edit Groups, and Edit Types.
- Deleted items: Records deleted in mSecure will be available here. You can use this option to either recover the deleted record or permanently delete the record.
- Edit groups: Groups help you keep your records organized. You can view, edit, or create new groups here.
- Edit types: You can view, edit, or create new record types here. Use this option to edit a record type and add any additional fields to a record type that you would like to use regularly for that record type instead of using our in-line or record level fields.
Sync, backup, and restore
The sync options will allow you to enable/disable the mSecure Cloud and backup and restore from device backups of mSecure.
- Sync settings: Here you can view your sync settings, disable syncing, or change sync method. The sync syncing is an account wide setting. Changing the setting on one device will change it for your account on all devices.
- mSecure Cloud – Disabling syncing or changing to another sync method will remove your information from our system.
- Dropbox Syncing
- Wi-Fi syncing
- Disable syncing
- Backup: You can create a manual backup by using this option. Additionally, backups are created automatically and are stored on your device. Your backups are stored inside the mSecure app folder (internal storage/mSecure/backups). If you delete mSecure from your device, any backups you have will also be deleted.
- Restore: Use this option to restore from a .msim (older) or .msib backup file.
The Browser settings allow you to choose what browser you’d like to use, enable/disable Auto-Submit, clear cookies and data from the built-in browser, change Auto-Copy options, and set the default home page in the built-in browser.
- Login-assist: Our Login-assist allows you to have mSecure’s built-in browser auto-fill login records. Additionally, you can select to use your default browser and our Login-assist will popup and allow you to copy/paste your login information.
- Auto-submit: This option will tells mSecure’s built-in browser to try to auto-submit the login credentials if our Login-assist is enabled.
- Clear Browser data: Use this to clear out our built-in browser’s data. Useful in case you run into any website issue.
- Home page: Change the built-in browser’s homepage.
These options give you support information, let you recommend mSecure, and view About information.
To lock mSecure simply tap the lock icon on the top left corner when in the navigation drawer.
Did you find it helpful?