Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Unlock MSecure

I can't unlock MSecure on my MacBook Pro.  It's working fine on my  iPad & iPhone.

Please help.

Thank you,

Linda

1 person has this question

Hi LInda,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing. Can you please let me know what version of mSecure you are using on your various devices? If using mSecure 5 on all devices, are you able to unlock mSecure 5 with your only your account password on your iPhone and iPad? Lastly, if using mSecure 5, do you know if you are using the same exact account in mSecure 5 on each device?

Here's an image that can help you understand what version of mSecure you might be using:

I am unable to open msecure on my iphone11. I have msecure version 4 and today it suddenly locked me out with no warning. Help!
Help locked out suddenly from msecure on my iphone. I have version 4 msecure. Can you help me?

Hi Gail,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing here. Can you explain in some more detail what's happening when you try to open mSecure? Are you saying it's giving you an error message when you open the app or when you try to enter your password to unlock the app? Also, what does the error message tell you exactly?

I am getting a message which says "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of IOS;  It's title is "mSecure needs to be updated.

Why am I suddenly having this issue?

@Susanritzer42 The reason this message is getting displayed is because iOS 14.5 and 14.6 is causing breaking changes to mSecure 4, which is no longer supported. The only option here is to upgrade to mSecure 5, which is the upgrade to the mSecure 4 app. There is more about this in a forum post we created, but if you need additional help, please let me know. Here is the post: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/discussions/topics/36000020017

What can I do to open my M Secure on my mobile I go to Secure but it will not open the message was to update the programme which I did 

@Marion I responded to you in the thread your started. We'll keep our correspondence there from here on out.

Good Morning Mike M secure I am not quite sure what you have done to help ,but it has worked ,I now have all the M Secure back on my apple  well and secure Thank you  for all your help

@Marion It's good to hear everything is working again, but if you were experiencing the message that mSecure needs to be updated, I need to make sure you are able to get your data moved over to mSecure 5 as quickly as possible. We haven't fixed anything in the old app, because it is no longer supported. We're pretty sure this will be happening more and more as new iOS updates are released, so it's best to get things migrated over to the new app before something worse happens in the future.

I cant open my m secure  app number 4 and have down loaded number 5 but the information didnt transfer over.   i dont have any of my passwords.  HELP

If you just created an mSecure account in v6, you should have no problems importing the data in from mSecure 4. Go ahead and open mSecure 6, tap the menu button in the top left corner of the screen (3 stacked lines), then tap Settings. In the Settings screen, scroll down and tap "Import from mSecure 4."

I went to upgrade my msecure and it lost my saved password, so now I can't get in to it, I have my encryption QR code, can you help me to reset my password WITHOUT LOSING MY DATA?

@Lesa I'm not sure what you mean here when you say you went to upgrade mSecure and it lost your saved password. If you were using an older version of mSecure, then upgrading will have no effect on the password you used to unlock the older version of the app. Can you explain more about what's happening here, because I won't be able to help until I know exactly what's happening.

Are you currently using mSecure 4 on an iOS or Android device? If so, which device type do you have, and are you still able to open mSecure 4 on that older device to view your information?

Login or Signup to post a comment