With the release of mSecure 5.5.4 (and above) for Mac, we now have the ability to import from 1Password 7 backup files directly. To do this you'll first have to create a backup of your 1Password information and use it to restore that information in mSecure.
- Open and unlock 1Password.
- Select the vault you want to export. It’s not possible to export from “All Vaults”, so you’ll need to switch to a specific vault.
- Choose File > Export > All Items. If you belong to a team account, there may be some vaults where you don’t have the “Export items” permission. Ask your team administrator.
- Enter your Master Password.
- Choose a file format: 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif)
- Click Save.
Import a 1Password backup
- Open and unlock mSecure 5 on Mac
- Click File from the top menu bar
- Click Import
- Select 1Password
- Using the Finder window dialogue, locate the .1pic backup file and click "Open" in the Finder window
This should import all of your 1Password information to a mSecure formatted records.
Did you find it helpful?