Use this guide if you are using an older version of mSecure that can only create a .mscx backup file. mSecure 5 will not import directly from this much older backup file. Thankfully, mSecure 3.5.x for Mac and Windows, mSecure 4.0.x for Android, and mSecure 4.5.x can restore from a .mscx backup file. Those versions will also create a .msim backup file which mSecure 5 can use to restore from.
- Since mSecure 6 cannot restore from a .mscx backup file, please use this guide to learn how to download the newest version of the old mSecure app: How to download previous versions
- mSecure 3 for Mac and Windows are available to download and use with a 30 day trial. Please use them if you do not have access to mSecure 4 on Android or iOS.
- Once you've installed an older version of mSecure that can restore from a .mscx backup file, use it to restore from your backup file.
- To restore from a backup in mSecure 3.5.x for Mac or Windows: Open and unlock the app > Click File > Click Restore > Select Backup file and restore
- Now create a backup file using the newer version of our older app.
- To create a backup in mSecure 3.5.x for Mac or Windows: Open and unlock the app > Click File > Click Backup > Save your backup to a location such as your Desktop folder
Now that you have a .msim backup file, you can use mSecure 6 on any platform to restore your information. It would be easiest to restore on the computer you are using if using mSecure 3.5.x on Mac or Windows. However, you can always email yourself the backup file on iOS or Android and restore from that backup in mSecure 6. Here are guides that can help with this process:
Backup and restore in mSecure 6: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000065649
Did you find it helpful?