Learn everything you need to know about mSecure backups, like how to create and restore from them and where they are located.
Your mSecure account is kept in sync automatically
Everything in your mSecure account is automatically kept in sync with all changes if the mSecure Cloud is enabled. This makes it easy to access your data from anywhere, and you don’t have to worry if you lose your devices. Simply sign in on a new device.
mSecure also creates automatic backup files. However, you can also create manual email backups and restore from those backup files whenever needed.
Create an email backup
- Open and log in to mSecure
- Tap the menu icon
- Tap Settings
- Tap Email Backup
- Tap Continue
Once in the Mail app, make the To address for an email address you have access to and tap Send to send the email with the backup attachment.
Restore from an email backup
- Open the Mail app on your iOS device, and find the email with your backup file attached
- Tap on the attachment, then tap “mSecure” from the row of apps
- In order to view the "mSecure" option, you might have to tap on the "More" icon option in the far right of the row of apps and select the "mSecure" option from the full list of Suggestions.
- After mSecure is opened, use TouchID or enter your password to unlock the app
- Tap the red “Restore” button when prompted
- Enter the backup’s password and tap Restore
Restoring from a backup file will override any information in your mSecure account, and sync the changes to all signed-in devices if you have the mSecure Cloud enabled.
Learn About Auto-Backups
Please refer to this article to learn about auto-backups in mSecure for iOS.
Did you find it helpful?