Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Persistant Private Vault

Hi All,

I have a feature request.  Currently on IOS, and Android, if you exit the app it remembers which vault you were last in so that when you go back into the app the vault you were in when you left is what's opened.  This includes the Private default Vault.  

On the PC version however, it only remembers the last vault you were in if it's not the Private default Vault.  If you exit the app when in the Private vault and then open it next, it goes back to All items.

It would be great if the behaviour was the same across all devices so that if you have Private open when you leave the app, it defaults to Private when you open it like it does currently with IOS and Android devices.

Not sure if that was just overlooked or not, but would love to have this feature.  

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for contacting us! I just checked this on my PC, and the vault I have selected as a filter does persist after I close and reopen the app, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Real quick, can you check to see which version of mSecure you're running? To do that, open mSecure, then click the gear icon in the bottom left corner. In the Settings screen, click "About mSecure." Which version does it say you have installed?

Hi Mike,

I've tried this on both my PC's and when you open the application it defaults to All Items if you were in the Private vault when it was closed.  It persists fine if you happen to have been in another vault though.  Just not the Private vault.

Both PC's are running version 6.1.366.0 which I believe is the latest version.  It's been doing this forever though.  I just never bothered to report or ask about it because it's a relatively minor thing.

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Ok, you're definitely running the newest version of mSecure, so that's good news. Actually, when I tested this again on my PC, I'm seeing the same results as you. I must have enabled a different vault filter before and saw that it persisted after closing and re-opening the app, so thank you for sticking with me on this. I just notified the developer about this issue, so it should be fixed in the next release.

Awesome.  Thanks again Mike.

No problem at all Geoff! Take care.

Login or Signup to post a comment