Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Family Sharing with MSecure 6

I've got a very light use case for the kids, they keep bugging me for their game passwords which I have stored in mSecure 6 (premium tier).

I created a vault to share with them, then realised that each of the kids will need a premium account too.  I could use the native Apple Keychain for this, but it would be nice to have an option in mSecure for family members (that have a limited number of passwords to manage) without needing a full premium license (should be a tier that exists between free and premium for very light usage scenarios).

3 people like this idea

Hi Howie,

Thank you for contacting us. We are currently working on adding a Family Plan, or Multi-Seat Plan, to mSecure. It will become available in our first feature release coming soon. I don't have a release date yet, but the development team is already in the process of implementing it for what should be 6.1.

Thanks again Mike! Love how quickly you guys are iterating.

No problem at all Howie! Take care, and let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

I am in a similar situation. I tried setting this up with my son who is going to college in a few months. I want us to be able to share information for many secure reasons. :)  I too pay for the premium account and was under the impression I would be able to set up my son with a vault, especially since we're using the family option for Apple ID. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... In any case, having a family plan option would be a very nice enhancement. Thanks for all the work you guys do on this app!

@Barry Thank you for the post! We are currently hard at work on version 6.1, and a feature we're currently working on is Family Sharing. When 6.1 is released, you will be able to subscribe to that plan and then add at least 4 other family licenses so they will have access to data you share with them.

Thanks for the reply and info Mike! Looking forward to the release. Cheers!

@Mike - any word on when 6.1 is going to be released? My son is heading to college in about 4 weeks so trying to figure out a solution with his ever growing list of logins. :)

@Barry We are in the process of creating the Multi-Seat licensing system in version 6.1 now, but are goal is to have it published next month. I'm sorry I can't be more definitive, but it is coming soon!

Thanks @Mike! This helps knowing August is just around the corner. Fingers crossed for the update.  (I can't believe how much I rely on this app and how important it is for me and soon for my son. Having something that works and is secure for storing passwords is so important because almost every website wants some kind of login these days. It's just overwhelming. Again, kudos on this app.)

Thank you very much for your feedback Barry, and thank you for your continued support! It's great to know mSecure is taking care of all the password management needs!!

I just purchased (Aug 11, 2022)  the premium level subscription for family sharing purposes.  Is this thread suggesting that the family sharing feature is NOT available?  Thank you.

Hi Pearl,

The Family Sharing feature is not yet available, but it is the main feature coming in version 6.1.0, which we are working on now. It will be released as soon as possible.

Mike, Any updates on the release of the family sharing options?

I see there are questions about this feature in 2 threads.  Pretty good sign that Family Shared Plan is a real customer need.  With a subscription model, we're hoping to receive periodic software enhancements.  Can you tell us if version 6.1 is close to release?  Is there anything the user community can do to help with the testing/release cycle?

Login or Signup to post a comment