Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

mSecure pro V5 upgrade to V6

I have V5.7.3 installed.  Is that considered mSecure Pro under V5?  If, so how do I upgrade at the reduced price?

Thank you for your response.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for contacting us about mSecure 6! With all mSecure apps since the release of mSecure 5, you can download the app, set up an account, and use it even if you haven't purchased license. So it's possible you have a license, and it's also possible you don't. If you are running mSecure 5, and you do have a license, it will be a Pro license. You can find this out by opening mSecure, and then tap the menu button in the top left, tap Settings, and then tap Account Settings. You'll see your username (email) and the type of account you have there.

For me in MacOS app, running on my Mac OS 12.2.1, it's under mSecure 5 tab>Preferences. clicking the button Account where that information is revealed. 

You may be indicating the iOS app (Android?). Each one is different. 

@Henry Thank you for the added information about the other platforms. My instructions were geared towards both iOS and Android devices. Were you able to find out if you have a Pro license @Sharon?

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I have a Pro License. Don't know if I'm going to upgrade from Pro ->Essentials. Looks like a downgrade to me. So you have no purchase option, then?

My perfect world is to pay for an upgrade and have all under one account with iOS devices, MacOS devices for a family plan (3 computers, iOS devices) all rolled into one. I'm not paying a monthly subscription fee for any portion of this. While I like your product, we'll go shopping and find something else well before we do this with you. 

@Henry I'm not sure, but it looks like you thought my response was from Sharon. I wanted to get some clarification from you, and and answer any questions you might have. When you say you don't know if you're going to upgrade from Pro → Essentials, and that it looks like a downgrade, what do you mean? Literally, every feature in mSecure 5 is contained in an Essentials account, and you'll also get access to other new features that aren't in mSecure 5. For example, since you have a Mac computer, you'll be able to use either our Browser Extensions for Chrome or Firefox, or the Safari AutoFill feature for auto-filling in mSecure data into your web browser. An Essentials account is, without a doubt, an upgrade.

Also, in regards to upgrading, if you have a v5 license, you won't have to subscribe to Premium unless you want or need a feature in the subscription tier. I'm hoping that's been clearly explained in the materials we have sent out, and the different information we have on our site. You will have full access to all the features you have in v5 and more without having to sign up for a subscription if you have a v5 Pro license.

However, the family plan will not be included in the Essentials subscription tier. If you were needing Premium features for sharing between multiple accounts in your family, you would have to have purchase a subscription at the discounted cost. On the other hand, even though you would be able to use the Vault system for cross-account sharing, if all your family member's account have a v5 license, they would all have Essentials access when v6 is released. So, again, the only reason you would have to subscribe if if you needed one of the features in the Premium tier.

"If you are running mSecure 5, and you do have a license, it will be a Pro license. You can find this out by opening mSecure, and then tap the menu button in the top left, tap Settings, and then tap Account Settings. You'll see your username (email) and the type of account you have there."

That's not true. I've purchased a Msecure 5 Pro License.  But in the new app, I see "You have 27 days left on premium".

If you are running mSecure 5, and you do have a license, it will be a Pro license. You can find this out by opening mSecure, and then tap the menu button in the top left, tap Settings, and then tap Account Settings. You'll see your username (email) and the type of account you have there.

That's not true. I've purchased an mSecure5 Pro License, and in the new App  I see "You have 27 days left on Premium".

@Michael You no longer have a Pro account because it has been converted to an Essentials account in V6. Pro licenses no longer exist in mSecure 6, because we now have subscription tiers that are named Essentials and Premium. Since you have a V5 Pro license, you now have an Essentials account, which what you should see in the Account Settings. You have an Essentials account and you also have access to the Premium features for a set amount of time, which is what "Premium Trial" means. You don't have a Pro or an Essentials trial, you have a Premium Trial. Since you have a V5 Pro license, you now have an Essentials account, and after the Premium Trial ends, you will still have an Essentials account. You will have access to the Essentials features from here on out. Does that make sense?

Login or Signup to post a comment