Thank you for contacting us. I can help you with resetting your password, but in order to do that, you have to reset your mSecure account. That would mean losing all of the data in the account, because in order to keep your information as safe as possible, we don't have a backdoor into the app in order to decrypt the data in case the password is forgotten. However, if you still have the old phone, and you are still able to view your information in mSecure on that device, I should be able to help. Do you still have the old device, and can you open the mSecure app on it?
Hi Mike, I have a problem slightly the same. I changed the password of my msecure app on my iPhone. Now I can’t login on the msecure app on my desktop. Regardless I don’t have the old password, so I can’t change it on the desktop. A backup restore on de desktop is not possible, when I open it it says ’This file is not an secure for Mac file and cannot be opened in mSecure’.
Is there any way to solve this? Thanks a lot, Roos
When you change the password in one mSecure app, any other apps signed in to the same account require you to enter the old password first before you will be able to open it. The reason for this is because the data stored in the app is encrypted with the old password, so entering the new password does not work to decrypt the data. If you aren't able to remember the old password, may be because you were using Touch or Face ID on a different device, then you will need to reset mSecure on your Mac, and then you can sign in to the account again. After you are signed in, you should not restore data from a backup. When you are signed in to the same account, you should be using one of the sync features to keep your data current in each app.
To reset mSecure on your Mac:
1. Open mSecure on that device
2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu
3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"
4. Close mSecure
5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash
Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:
1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed
2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen
3. Click "Sign In"
Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.
Thanks a lot Mike. It worked! Great, very happy. Thanks again, Roos
No problem at all Roos! Let us know should you need further assistance.
I'm sorry to hear you have forgotten your password. Are you able to get into mSecure on at least one device using some type of biometric unlock with your fingerprint or facial recognition, or are you completely locked out of the app?
@Duane I can help you get access to your account by helping you reset it, but I can't help you get access to your information. The information is always encrypted, so if you don't know your password, there is no way to decrypt the data either stored in your account or in a backup file.
Hello Mike, this is unfortunate news. I will have lost all saved records now. For whatever reason the switch to the new iPhone didn't carry over any of the saved password records from the old iPhone. And since I cannot recall the password to restore from backup I have no way of getting anything back. Guess I'll have to start from scratch. Thanks for your response.
I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in here. I wish there was something I could do here, but there's just no way for us to retrieve your password or data. If you are ready to start from scratch, you'll need to reset your account. You can do that using the instructions below:
1) Delete mSecure from your devices
2) Reset your mSecure account using the steps in this support article: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset
3) Install mSecure from the App Store app
4) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account
5) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set
6) Choose which sync feature you would like to use, then continue through the app setup process