Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

<Unknown SSID> : Can't wifi sync

Hi, 

I changed my router and now I see an <Unknown SSID> on the android app.

Basically in the "Sync status" section, I will see my phone name and then the words Network <Unknown SSID>.

Both the main PC and the android phone is on the same wifi access point when trying to sync.

I did go into the Windows Sync Settings and turned the "ON" slider switch to off and on, but the android app still shows the error message - <Unknown SSID>

I'm having the same problem  with a new Android phone.    <Unknown SSID>   Have tried all the usual fixes.

Hi Chris and Buck,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not familiar with this message you are seeing, but I'm not sure right now it's actually an error message. First, what types of devices are you guys running, and what is the Android version number? Next, when you look at the boxes at the bottom of the screen in the Sync Settings, does it show any red or yellow data or graphics? Does it have a green connection icon or is it a red icon showing the client and server there is a disconnection?

Login or Signup to post a comment