Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

how do i move my data to a new phone?

I purchased a new phone android phone. I do I move my data to my new phone?

1 person has this question

Hi Nayan,

Thank you for contacting us. You should just be able to download mSecure and sign in to your account. After signing in, your information should sync in to mSecure on the new device. Were you able to do that already, or do you still need help with this?

I have been using mSecure for years on my iphone. 

Over the years I have had a couple iphones, and my son or somebody some how got mSecure and all my data moved from phone to phone.  

I recently changed to a Pixel 3.  

I downloaded mSecure, but it treats me like a new user and has me on a 30 day trial.  

None of my data is there. 

Please help!  

thanks, David Beuschlein

Hi David,

I suspect the reason for what you are experiencing is that you were using the older version of mSecure prior to upgrading to your new Pixel device, but I'm not sure. Do you happen to still have access to one of the older iPhones, and if so, are you still able to access your information in mSecure on that device? If not, do you have access to your information in any version of mSecure running on any of your devices?

At the sync status, there is an error message network not connected. What should I do

Hi Doris,

Are you trying to sync using the Wi-Fi sync feature in mSecure? If so, would you be willing to use mSecure Cloud syncing instead? It's much more user-friendly, and as long as you have a connection to the internet on each of your devices, your data will stay in sync automatically.

I have the free version of mSecure5.  I bought a new phone.  How do I transfer all of my data to my new phone?

Hi Howard,

Do you still have access to your mSecure information on your old phone, or did you have to turn over the device when you upgraded?

Yes, I still have my old phone and all of the data.
Yes, I still have my old phone and all the data.

That's really great news! Without the old phone or a backup file, since the account is free, there wouldn't have been a way to retrieve your information. The problem now is, with a free mSecure account, there is no way create a backup. That feature is part of the paid Pro license. Are you wanting to purchase a license at a discount to open up backup and restore features Howard?

Login or Signup to post a comment