In a recent reply on the Feature Requests section of the Forum it was announced that mSecure 6 would be available soon and that major enhancements we have been waiting for would not be implemented in mSecure 5.
Will mSecure 6 be considered a completely new product? Will existing customers be expected to pay for this new product in order to get any enhancements?
Will mSecure 5 remain available? Will it still be maintained with bug fixes and security issues?
Will the databases be compatible between these products?
Are there any other implications for existing loyal customers?
Thank you for contacting us. We are still working on how the pricing will work for mSecure 6, so I'm not able to answer your questions fully at this time. It will not be a new app like mSecure 5 was, so the process for upgrading will be much easier. V6 will simply overwrite V5 on your devices.
Regarding upgrade cost, we always try to be extremely gracious with upgrades for our users. mSecure 5 was actually the first time we had charged for an upgrade in the company's nearly eight year history at the time of mSecure 5's release. mSecure 6's business model is going to be different, but if you have a Pro license, the features you paid for will carry over to mSecure 6 for sure. Payment may be required for new features, but you will not be required to pay for older features already covered by mSecure 5's Pro license.
There shouldn't be any other implications for existing customers who have purchased an mSecure 5 Pro license.
Thanks for the response I look forward to the new release and have no problem with paying for continuing improvements.
Thank you so much for your continued support Andy!
Hello Mike, good afternoon.
Hope you and your team are staying safe during this time. Would we be looking at mSecure 6 in 2021?
We are doing everything we can to be able to release v6 before the end of the year still. We are still doing bug fixes and UI polishes as we near the first beta release, but it is very, very close. If you would be interested in getting on the beta testing list, I can add you to it.
Happy new year!
When can we expect for v6 to be released? Can't wait to try the new filtering by Groups/Types.
I am also curious as to when v6 will be launched. I'd like to try out some of these new features discussed. I don't really want to switch but it seems like it is taking a long time to get these new features rolled out. Thanks
Hi Luke and Mike,
Thank you for following up on the v6 release! While we were not able to get the new release out before the end of 2020 as we had originally planned, development is going well, and we will have the beta ready very soon. Like usually, as we have come closer to releasing the beta, we have found items that need work or further polishing, and the devil is always in the details.
Are either of your interested in becoming a beta tester for v6? If you are already on the list for beta testing, expect to hear from me soon with an update.
Thank you for your interested in beta testing! If you could email us at "email@example.com", we will get you added to the beta testing list. As soon as the first beta is close to ready, I will be sending out an email to all of the testers.
Any chance v6 will be available any time soon?
Thank you for contacting us! We have just finished all of the server upgrades needed for the v6 release, so we are planning on sending out emails to our beta testers within the next couple of days. We plan to have the public release ready as soon as possible after releasing the beta, so I expect it will be in the App Stores within the next couple of months.
It's not too late to become a beta tester. If that is something you would be interested in, please let me know, and I'll get you on the list.
Thanks, Mike. I had signed up to be a beta tester back in January. Looking forward to receiving the email soon.
No problem at all Luke! The first beta release is really, really close now. We thought we would be able to get it out by the end of last week, but we have run into a couple of optimization issues on our server. As soon as we are sure those issues are resolved and make sure the new server code is playing nice with both mSecure 5 and 6 through our internal testing, we plan to notify our beta testers of the first release.