Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Family Sharing on ios app store

I have a pro licence used on ipad and macbook pro....no issues. Have Family Sharing setup in the app store. Downloaded the app onto a group members ipad and note its a trial edition. App store indicates I can share with up to 5 family sharing members. Assumed pro would be installed but appears not. Am I missing something? Or is Pro not sharable?

Hi Gary,

mSecure 5 is a free app to download on all available app stores. Free apps will often be marked as a Family Sharing or Family Library app on Apple app stores or the Google Play Store. However, mSecure 5 is a free app with an in-app purchase. In-app purchases cannot be shared using the Family Sharing or Family Library options. You can read more about what types of content you can and can't share on Apple's app stores here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

Whether you purchase an mSecure 5 license through an in-app purchase in mSecure 5 or directly from our website, the purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with. If you would like to share your mSecure information and your mSecure 5 license with your family member(s), you are welcome to share your mSecure account credentials with your family member(s). With your mSecure account credentials, your family member(s) would be able to sign in to the same mSecure account, share the same mSecure information, and the same mSecure 5 license.

If you need to set up an mSecure account for a family member and purchase a separate license, please let me know and I will go over our discount offer. Thank you for your time, and please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Excellent Eden. Thank you for the very helpful reply and outlining the options available.

Login or Signup to post a comment