Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Pro account msecure 4 license not transferred to 5

I've purchased the pro version for the msecure 4 and now that I've been forced to move to the 5 the app ask me to buy another license. Can you please verify? The email of the purchasing and of the login in version 5 is the same griso.andrea@gmail.com

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for contacting us. mSecure 4 has no pro version. The way the older version works is that you have to pay for the app before you can download it. mSecure 5 has paid accounts and our mSecure 5 license is called an mSecure Pro license. The reason for this is because mSecure 5 is free to download. However, most of the features require a license or Pro account in order to function. 

mSecure 5 is a brand new app, and it marks the first time in the history of our company that we have charged for an upgrade to mSecure. We wanted to make it a free upgrade for our customers, but with the current landscape of application development, it was not feasible for us to do so.

You can always download mSecure 3 or 4 again from your purchase history. Here is an article that shows you how: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064249-how-to-download-previous-versions

Note that the email address for griso.andrea@gmail.com just recently created an account in our system. Accounts are also new with mSecure 5. mSecure 4 and the previous versions only have device specific unlock passwords with no account system. The account for griso.andrea@gmail.com is a free account created on the 21st of this month. We do offer previous customers a 33% off discount to upgrade to mSecure 5. Please submit a ticket or email us at support@msevensoftware.com if you'd like to take advantage of that offer. 

Login or Signup to post a comment