I am using version 4.5.4 on my iPhone XR with Face ID. The feature is turned on and working fine but I have forgotten my password so right now I am able to log on but not change my password. I've tried to do a back of the data but to retrieve the data requires the password and I don't have it. There is no print option so the only solution I can see is to delete the data and start over or write everything down by hand and re-enter it by hand. I'm also frozen out of my new iPad because, even though it has face detect that feature was not set up because I don't have the damn password. I understand that this issue is much easier to deal with in version 5, but there is no way to migrate to that platform without the password. And round and round it goes... Guess I'll just write everything down and then switch platforms to someone more user friendly.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, there is no way to reset your mSecure 4 login password. However, since you still have access to mSecure 4 on your device thanks to Touch ID, you can fix this issue by either syncing your mSecure 4 information to another device that has mSecure 3 or 4 or by simply setting up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4, changing the default cloud sync password, reinstalling mSecure 4 on your device, and setting up Dropbox syncing again in mSecure 4 after you create a new login password. This all might sound complicated, but it should be relatively easy and quick.
Important Note: Please update to mSecure 4.5.4 before continuing
First, use this guide to learn how to set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000028452
After you set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4, make sure to change the cloud sync password. The cloud sync password is set up using your mSecure 4 login password. However, you can always change it to something else.
1. Open and login to mSecure 4
2. Tap the gear icon
3. Tap Sync Setup
4. Tap Dropbox
5. Tap "Change your password"
6. Please exit the settings and go back into the Dropbox settings and tap the Show Password option to confirm that the cloud sync password has changed. This is very important.
7. Uninstall mSecure 4 (if you're using mSecure 5, you'll need to uninstall mSecure 5 first)
8. Install mSecure 4. How to reinstall a previously purchased app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272
and follow these steps afterward:
1. Find mSecure 4 on your home screen, and open it
2. After tapping on the “Start” button at the bottom of the Welcome screens, go ahead and set your password
3. Then set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure again to sync back all of your information. You’ll have to use the cloud sync password that you set up initially.
Afterwards, make sure to turn Touch ID on again if you’d like to continue using that feature.Lastly, set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure again to sync back all of your information.
Note: Touch ID and Face ID are interchangable