Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Cannot log into secure on new computer

I am using msecure 5 on a macbook and iPhone.  I want to use secure on a new iMac but cannot log into my account or get msecure to work on the new desktop.  It will not accept my password which works on all my other devices.

1 persona ha questo problema

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. As long as you are able to unlock mSecure on your iPhone and/or MacBook by manually entering your password, you should have no problem signing in to the account on your new iMac. On your MacBook, when you open mSecure, are manually entering your password to unlock it, or are you using Touch ID? If you are using Touch ID, go ahead and cancel the dialog that asks you to use the Touch ID sensor, then enter your password using your keyboard. Are you able to unlock the app?

If you can unlock mSecure by entering your password on your keyboard, go ahead and go to mSecure's Preferences and click on the "Account" tab. In the "Account" tab, what email address is displayed in the Username field?

thanks Mike,

All fixed on my end, thanks for the help

Tim

No problem at all Tim! Let us know if you need further assistance.

I can't get in the old icon said developer needs to update the new will not allow me in

@Jonesg0673 Thank you for contacting us, and I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re experiencing after the recent iOS update. The good news is, if you still know your password to mSecure 4, you haven’t lost your data. All you would need to do is install mSecure 5 on the same iOS device mSecure 4 is installed, create a new account or reset an existing account, and then migrate your data in from the old app. You can find out more about this process here: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/discussions/topics/36000020017

I've done all that. I never get a QR code
Why is this taking so long? I'm not changing computers it's on an iPhone same iphone. Can't get in can't get QR code can't get help. I've paid for new app I've deleted and installed new version still can't get in someone please help this is bull shit to take this long.

@Jonesg0673 In order to migrate the information from the old app, you don't need a QR code. You have to have an account in a fresh state, which means it is either a brand new account, or it was just reset. In either case, the QR code is not needed. It sound like you are in the state where you need to reset your account, which is gone over in the link I sent you above. Did you see the steps for resetting your mSecure 5 account? If not, here it is in a different format. Again, if you are trying to migrate to mSecure 5, you do not need a QR code.

In order to migrate your information into mSecure 5, your account has to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account before you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 5.

For clarification, mSecure 4 is not connected to mSecure 5 in any way. It doesn't have an account system, which was introduced with mSecure 5. If you reset your mSecure 5 account, it will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4.

The first step is to simply delete mSecure 5 from all your devices. If you have a Mac computer running mSecure 5, stop here and let me know before proceeding, because it doesn't help to simply delete the app from your Mac when it comes to resetting the app. IMPORTANT: mSecure 5 has to be completely deleted/reset on ALL your devices. If this is not done, it can lead to very bad consequences

After you have deleted the app from all your devices, follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, reinstall mSecure 5 from the App Store app on the iOS device you are seeing the message that mSecure 4 needs to be updated, then sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device if the data is not migrated after following the steps above. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

I can't get logged in to the new or old. How in the hell am I to reclaim my data. I can't log in. I can't log in. For God sakes someone try and listen to what I'm asking.

@Jonesg0673 Did you go through the account reset instructions I sent? If so, what went wrong? If I can know what you are trying and what is not working, I'm sure I'll be able to help. If I don't know those specific things that are happening as you try to work through the instructions I provide, there is no way I can move us forward to a resolution.

Will not let me past “ developer needs to update” so I can't do what your saying. I've downloaded new app from app store will not let me in “ email address already exist” If I can't get in how can I do all the things y'all keep telling me to try?

Jonesg0673, I am not sure I can be of much help to you.  I had a similar problem to what you are experiencing and it took me over a week to sort this thing out.  I bought a new iMac and I wanted to be able to use msecure on the new iMac and synch it with my iPhone and MacBook.  It was very frustrating.  I was able to resolve my problem on my own and this was after posting to msecure support.  Unfortunately the advice from msecure did not help, but I did feel that they did make every effort to help me.  My situation was a little different because I could sign into msecure on my MacBook and my iPhone.  When I finally got things to work I was surprised how easy it was to resolve, but it did not make sense to me.   So I am trying to recall how I got this thing to work but it was 6 months ago and the fix turned out to be simple as I recall and I will try to give you my fix.  First, the login and password for this support board is not the one you use to sign into msecure on your devices, its only for this support board, maybe you know that already.  As I recall the msecure program would not let me log into msecure on my new iMac with the new msecure password I created  (by resetting it) but what worked was me inputting the passcode to my new iMac.  It was completely weird and did not make sense to me, but once I used the computer pass code it just worked, did not make sense to me.  Once that was done this msecure app and software has proven to be very stable and I have not had a problem since,  The QR code thing did not work for me, just using the imac pass code got me through it, not the new password I created.  I hope this helps,  this problem drove me nuts, so I understand your frustration.  I also had msecure 5 on all my devices.   This was 5 months ago, I was ready to give up, I hope this might help you.  Good Luck, Tim   

Thanks but I'm not willing to wait that long for this to work. I'm not trying to use a new computer. I'm just trying to get into the app on my existing iPhone. I can't log in to old app or new app. Old app tells me the developer needs to update that's as far as I can get. The new app takes me to log in then to the QR code note that ask how I want to retrieve. But I never get an email with the code. That's all I'm allowed to do.

@Jonesg0673 I'm not sure what do here. I know EXACTLY what the problem is you are dealing with, and I'm giving you instructions on how to fix it. You keep telling me you can't fix it, but you don't tell me specifically what is happening when you try to follow the instructions I provide. I want to help you through this, and I'm sorry it's been frustrating, but if you don't take the instructions I'm giving you and use them, then I literally cannot help you. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I'm trying but you're not doing what I'm asking, or if you are, you're not telling me exactly what's going wrong.

Unfortunately, with what we're dealing with here, there's no easy way for me to just say something that makes everything work. You have an mSecure account that needs to be reset. After you reset that account, you should able to delete mSecure 5 from your iOS device, reinstall it from the App Store app and then sign in to the reset account. After doing that, the migration should take place after you choose the sync feature during the account setup. Here are the instructions again, and if you aren't able to make them work, tell me exactly what went wrong and which step. If you do that, I can then figure out what is going wrong, and try to send other instructions to clarify the situation.

In order to migrate the information from the old app, you don't need a QR code. You have to have an account in a fresh state, which means it is either a brand new account, or the account was just reset. In either case, the QR code is not needed. Your mSecure 5 account just has to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account before you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 5.

The first step is to simply delete mSecure 5 from all your devices, but for now, if you only delete it from the device that is showing you the message that the old app needs to be updated, that will be enough.

After you have deleted mSecure 5, follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, reinstall mSecure 5 from the App Store app on the iOS device you are seeing the message that mSecure 4 needs to be updated, then sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device if the data is not migrated after following the steps above. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento