Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Unable to WIFI sync Samsung S7 and Windows 10

In Win 10 mSecure 5.5.129.0 

On phone : Androind 8.8.0. mSecure  5.7.0.1168

The SW on my phone can detect that the laptop is the server but is unable to sync.  In the sync settings, I see the Client and Server.   After a short while this red icon appears. 
When I first installed on the phone it spent a while trying to sync.

If I turn Sync off on the Main computer, it is immediately turned off on the phone so they are talking to each other.

I have tried all suggestions in your FAQs. 

- reboot router, pc, phone - several times ...

- check that the mSecure software is enabled in Windows defender firewall - done

- make sure Network settings are 'private' - done

- tun off Main computer, exit apps, reopen apps, turn on again - done

- connect phone & laptop to each bandwidth (2.4 &  5 GHtz and 5.0) - no change

- try pinging the IP address of the phone from laptop  - failed <<< not sure what this means

- make sure desktop and phone apps open at same time - of course

I also tried

- disconnecting from VPN to my office.

- connect laptop to router by cable 

- uninstall phone app, restart phone, reinstall

Note: my router and my laptop originally had the same name.  I fixed that a few days ago and restarted everything. 

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion.  I have to use WiFi syncing - work requirement. I'm currently using 3.5 on a Windows 7 machine syncing with an iPod Touch.

This is resolved. 

My router assigned an IP address to the physical machine (#1)

I have SW installed on my laptop that created an additional Ethernet connection (#2) .  This is no longer in use.

mSecure was picking #2 as the Main Server IP address. Chaos ensued.

I disabled #2 and all is working.

Took me an embarrassing amount of time to notice this.

Hi Rose. Sorry for the delayed response, and it's great to hear you were able to figure out what was going wrong! Please let us know if you run into any other issue in the future.

I have the same problem as described by Rose above. However, although the  RED no-connection symbol stays on, and although the App  does NOT allow me to Sync Now, on closing the app on the phone and the program on Windows, and going in again - having both datasets open - I was surprised to find that the information DOES appear to have synced. When/How did this happen? How can I control the process?

Further to my previous post, at the Sync Now option the message keeps showing "Server is unreachable"......?

Hi Johan,

Thank you for contacting us. In order for Wi-Fi syncing to work, mSecure on your main computer and all client devices must be open AND unlocked. If mSecure is closed on your computer, a connection cannot be made between the client and server, so a sync cannot be performed.

Also, the settings/preferences cannot be open in mSecure on any device. If the settings/preferences are open, the desktop computer is considered to be "busy," and the sync will be aborted. 

I'm going to have you turn off all your devices, let them sit for about a minute, then turn them back on. After they have rebooted, start mSecure on your main computer and the client device you are using, unlock the app, then leave them both on the main view. Does a sync take place within about ten seconds?

If a sync doesn't take place within a minute, please run through the instructions in our Wi-Fi sync help article: WiFi Syncing Issues

If syncing is still not working, go ahead and open mSecure's Sync Setting on each device. Make a list of each of the properties displayed in the sync settings and let me know which ones are red, yellow or green.

Good day Mike. Great news, my syncing is working like a charm, thanks to your support and the Wi-Fi sync help article. It turns our that my private/home network was set as Public. By changing it (back) to Private, my computer could be set to "Discoverable" - that was my problem and it has now been resolved. Thanks for a great product and support.

Great news Johan! It's good to hear everything is working now! Let us know if you need further assistance.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento