Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Desperately need assistance

Like many others I updated my iPhone with iOS 14.6 to find that my  mSecure app no longer works.  I've installed msecure5 but it DID NOT give me the option to migrate my old data as was suggested.  I started a help ticket three days ago and have heard nothing.  I have an email backup but no way to access the info - please assist!

Hi Doug,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the recent iOS update. In order to migrate your information into mSecure 5, your account needs to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account first, and then sign back in to it on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process.

To reset your account, follow the steps in this support article: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

I have reset my account and reinstalled msecure5.  No where in the sign in / setup process does it ask or allow me to migrate data???

I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but the only thing that makes sense here is that the version of mSecure 4 you are running on your device must be older than version 4.5.4, which is the newest version of the old app. In the final release of mSecure 4, we implemented a shared space for the database to which mSecure 5 has access. Unfortunately, versions older than 4.5.4 don't know about that shared space, and in that case, mSecure 5 is not able to access the older app's data.

Most of our customers running into the same problem you are after updating to iOS 14.5 or 14.6 are following the exact same steps, and the migration is working as intended. Because of this, we know if the older version of the app is 4.5.4, the migration does take place. However, there is a small handful of people for which the migration option is not available after choosing a sync option, and what I explained above is the only only explanation we have when this happens.

Do you know if you made any email backups from mSecure's Settings before the problem you are experiencing started? If not, do you have access to your data in any version of mSecure running on any of your devices?

Yes - as I stated above, I have a recent email backup.  I just don't have anywhere to restore it to.  I do not have msecure running on any other devices.  Any suggestions?

In the newly installed mSecure 5 the "Restore" backup option is disabled.

Thank you!

Hi Doug,

Sorry I missed where you said you had an email backup. Since you have that, you should be able to restore from it in mSecure 5. You can do that using the instructions in this article: Backup and Restore - iOS

Big THANK YOU! That worked.

No problem at all Doug! Take care, and please let us know should you need further assistance.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire