Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Bring Back ability to specify mSecure Fonts!!!

This is a request to restore a feature you took away in 5.x

I was forced to upgrade  to mSecure 5.x because of an iOS update.  I discovered that it is no longer possible to change the display font (as it was in 4.x).  The default font is *terrible* because it is impossible to distinguish certain characters, e.g. want to guess what how many L's & I's are in the string "lIlIllI"?  I frequently have to copy passwords to foreign devices and this makes it impossible to do without painful workaround (copy, paste into another app).  At the least, you need to change the default to something like Courier New where characters (but especially I's, L's, 0's, and 1's) can be distinguished visually.

This is a showstopper for me, meaning I will be actively looking for an alternative to mSecure if not addressed.

Thank you for your feedback Paul! It's written up as feature request for future development.

Please allow for font selection in passwords, all data for that matter. You should default to a font that has clear and distinct glyphs for each character. A major oversight.

Running mSecure 6.0.239.0 in Windows 11.

As displayed by mSecure: 14f/V<wbQ/vI7

As displayed in text (had to use image copy because default font on this message screen has the same problem!)image
This is unacceptable! I must exclude capital I from all passwords as a work around. Please fix immediately.

@Rand While we don't have any plans to add the selection of different fonts in mSecure, we do have a feature on our roadmap for making password fields have a more distinct, monospaced font style. This will solve the problem you mention of discerning between capitol i's and lowercase L's, capitol o's and zeros, and other characters that look similar to one another.

MIke:  "password fields have a more distinct, monospaced font style"

That would be a very welcome improvement, especially if you ensure that all the glyphs are distinct.  Note: I and l are two different letters in this font; a capital i and a lower case L.

Merely monospace may not ensure that all glyphs are distinct.

Please implement as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario