Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

mSecure 6

In a recent reply on the Feature Requests section of the Forum it was announced that mSecure 6 would be available soon and that major enhancements we have been waiting for would not be implemented in mSecure 5.

Will mSecure 6 be considered a completely new product? Will existing customers be expected to pay for this new product in order to get any enhancements?

Will mSecure 5 remain available? Will it still be maintained with bug fixes and security issues?

Will the databases be compatible between these products?

Are there any other implications for existing loyal customers?

3 personas les gusta esta idea
Agreed, so offer two solutions. Lease-ware for those that think/need to pay-to-use, and one-time traditional software buy for those that like to own it. Charge appropriately. Customers will then decide. Limit me to one and only one choice, it’s a coin toss whether you retain me as a customer and savor my contribution to your income and profits!

@Puneet Thank you for contacting us. We have audited our systems, and we are not susceptible to the Log4J vulnerability. The two main services we use for data processing and storage are Heroku and MongoDB. In performing their own audits, both of those systems didn't find vulnerabilities for the services we use.

If you were to look into this on your own, you would find that Salesforce (they own Heroku) is currently in the process of patching their systems to make sure everything is safe. However, Heroku's services specifically were not affected. For MongoDB, you would find that one of their services called "MongoDB Atlas Search" was found to be affected by the vulnerability but has since been patched. What's important here is that we don't use the "Atlas Search" features, so mSecure would not have been affected.

With regards to mSecure 6, if you currently have an mSecure 5 license, you will not have to make a purchase to continue using the features you already have as a paid v5 user. With a Pro license, you'll be granted access to the "Essentials" subscription tier at no cost, and this tier has all the same functionality. To unlock all of the features in mSecure 6, however, a subscription will be required, and the cost of that subscription will be discounted by 50% for v5 Pro users. The "Premium" tier is normally $29.99/year, but it will be discounted to $14.99/year for Pro users.

I’m in the one time payment camp. Love the software and have been a client since very early mSecure days.

Any update Mike as to when we will see v6?

@Ai We're getting so very close to the public release. We were actually hoping to release this week, but couldn't quite get all of the loose ends tied up. We're now shooting for next week and very hopeful we'll be able to meet that timeline. Be on the lookout for an announcement email coming very soon, which will have more details on when the release will go live along with other details on what to expect in the new version.

Looking forward to it Mike! Thanks

Hi Mike  Having just sent you a tech probs message with MSecure 5, i'm interested in the fact that MSecure 6 is so close. When will it be released on IOS and Microsoft pls?

@Paul We are doing everything we can to have v6 available in the stores next week. Everyone will soon be getting an email announcing the release soon, so be on the lookout for that notification in your inbox.

Not to be that type of guy, but it has been ”next week” for quite a while. 1. Why not just set a date-15th March for example? I guess this will make ppl chill out and not get frustrated when waiting. Better with a set date and if you are ready earlier-hey, rejoice and cavort! 2. You write that there will be an email sent out with info. Is that to all users, all on this forum or all betatesters? Just so I know.
I am beginning to loose faith. We’ve been hearing for over a year it’s coming soon… this month… this week… today…. At this point I have alternatives or just continue with the current version. Sad….
This thread is over 2 years old !!!

I am sorry to say this but I have lost patience on this now, i have been a loyal customer since Msecure came out but I am fed up with keep reading "It's coming, next week" 

I am now looking at switching to Keeper or Lastpass I am very sad to say. 

Just don't have faith this is coming this or next week, if any week!!!

Scott I’m with you on this. How many software companies go over 2 years between releases? I’ve been with mSecure/mSeven since around 2013 or 2014 or so. Maybe even sooner. It’s been so long.
I think it is important not to over-react. If mSecure hadn’t written that v 6 would go live ””next week” and then in a few days and so on, nobody would have reacted I gurss. So this is rather an example of bad communications. And the fact that there now is total silence from the company tells me that they have no idea of crisis-communications. The best thing to do now would be to post an explanation on what is the problem, why the delays. And stop saying ” next week” and so on. Instead say that the will release the version on a swt date: a date they are certain will work for them. Agilebits made a similar mistake when the critisism over v 8 started. They focused on discussing Rust instead of the ”fear” users had over the move to a Electron app. The issue mSecure now have, and what can be a problem, is that since this shows that mSecure is a company a bit too small to manage to deliver a new version in time, what signal does that send? How are we to trust that we get whar we pay for when they go the subscription way. I have for more than 20 years worked with communications at a very high national level, and my advice to Mike and the gang is to hire a good communicator asap. MSecure 5 is a good app, but so far v 6 seems to be a problemchild.
I just got the email about v6 and excited by what it offers. However it is confusing once you go on the website. There is no information.I assume that will be updated on the site soon. For cost I am not interested in a recurring payment model but am interested in a one-time payment model only. Will that be offered? If not I'm afraid I will have to pass.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario