Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

En Proceso

Vew previous passwords

It would be very useful to be able to view a previously saved password for an item. 

A few times times I have gone to change a password, logged into the relevant portal, generated a new password in the database (committed it) copied the new password into the portal only for it as a security measure to ask for the old/current  password - which I know longer know!

Secondly, for sites/apps I am less concerned about security I sometimes use complex but memorable passwords to make regular logging in and out easier.  it would be useful to be able to review older passwords to ensure that I don't reuse the same password again when changing it.

Thanks

Rob

3 personas les gusta esta idea

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the feature request. This is actually something we have planned for the near future!

I agree with this request, though I can’t imagine how it’d gracefully be handled. As is, *always* when I go about changing passwords I use the notes app: copy and paste the current password, and on a separate line place the new password I intend to use. For invariably some sites in the change process ask for the old followed by two copies of the new. And then some sites immediately log me out and require a fresh login with the new. Finally, at some point in all this inevitably a poor website developer has left plenty room for error and the process gets unpredictability flubbed. (All three of these have happened at my bank *and* at a doctor’s website!) Good to have copies of old AND new passwords handy!

I concur; a couple websites I use require periodic password changes and also prevent me from using any of my previous passwords. A record of the previous passwords - not just the last one - would be a nice feature. 

For the time being,  I am editing the mSecure record, adding a field, and labeling it "Previous Password" every time I change a password.  If I remember to copy and paste the old one into this field before changing it, I have a permanent record of the old password. Adding a new field can be done every password change to track as many previous passwords as needed; it just isn't automatic.

This topic if from 3 years ago and the feature still not added into  mSecure's  system   i would love to have it right now as i'm now in some shit with a gmail password i changed and google grab on to my account telling me to prove the account is mine   while trying to change the password

if i could view previously used password i could still use it until googel free my account so i can continue with the password change which already generated in mSecure app

I have been using mSecure since the very beginning, it is simple but largely does what I need. Little functionality has changed in the last few years since v5 was released, I had assumed it had largely been abandoned. I have just seen there has been a very protracted v6 plan and rather surprised! Maybe this feature will exist in the upgrade? Unless there is some assurance of regular updates I won't be paying on a subscription bases for a product that gets updated as infrequently as v5.
Ditto that, @Robert. V6 (with its many needed improvements) has been teased for a number of years in beta. If it comes to fruition in a subscription model, I have alternatives in mind.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that being able to view previous passwords used in Login records is on our radar, but we do not have plans to implement it for the first release of mSecure 6.

@Albo mSecure 6 is moving to a subscription, but those with an mSecure 5 license will be granted access to the "Essentials" subscription tier at no cost. That tier has all mSecure 5 features and more, so you won't have to pay to continue using the features you use in the current version of the app.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario