Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

How do i create a new user of msecure, added to my family account?

My wife wants to use Msecure. She hasn't used it before. I already have a family account. I want to open a new account/login/whatever that is part of the family account. What steps do I need to take please?

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting us. If your wife wants to use mSecure, she will first need to install mSecure on her preferred device through the app store. Once done, she will need to open the app, skip through the prompts given, and click/tap "Sign Up" to sign up for a new account. Once this is done, you will then be able to add her to your family plan. Please follow the steps below to add her to your plan:

Mobile

1. Open and unlock mSecure

2. Open the Menu on the left side of your screen and tap "Settings"

3. Tap Family Licenses (iOS) or Family Members (Android)

4. Tap + Add Member

5. Enter your family member's mSecure username (their email used for mSecure)

6. Tap Add User

She will not receive an email stating that the premium license has been sent to her account, it will automatically be applied to her account. Once done, please let me know so I can guide you on how to share data between accounts. 

First hurdle: Msecure downloaded OK, go to sign up, enter her email and a new password. Get message "this account is already in use". I guess this means we tried to do this in the past, maybe a few years ago? We have no idea what the password could be. So we need to either reset the password or wipe the account and start again (we know there's nothing of value in it). What can you advise?

The questions that I will be needing to ask you will involve your wifes email address that she uses. If you are ok with this, we can continue on this forum. If you would rather send an email to "support@msevensoftware.com", I will be able to help you in a more private setting. Please let me know and I will assist further.

Thanks for your reply. Fortunately following your advice, i managed to do the reset, add a family member, and create and share a new vault. All good. Thanks again for your help.

Hi Jon,

That's great news to hear! Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Login or Signup to post a comment