Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Restoring Data from mCloud?

Is synching via mCloud the same as backing up to mCloud? Should I also back up my data locally or also on Dropbox? The Synch description says that it allows synching and data retrieval "...by simply signing in to your mSecure account." Is that all I need in case I need to reload data for some reason? 

Am I missing something? FWIW - mSecure serves me very well on several platforms. No complaints - just a spasm of paranoia! :-) Please advise.

Thank you for contacting us. Syncing with mSecure Cloud means all of your data will sync to our cloud. This means all of your data that is synced to the cloud will be available to you if you are uninstall and reinstall or sign in to your account on a new device. mSecure Cloud also encrypts your data in an unreadable state, so it is as safe as the app itself. With backups, if made on an iOS or Mac device, you will have them be synced to iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive will store your backups so if you get a new iPhone and sign in to your Apple ID, you will have access to your backups.

If you are using an Android or PC, your backups will be stored locally on your device automatically. This means if you get a new Android device, you will not be able to access your backups automatically.

You cannot backup and store a backup file in mSecure Cloud, you can only sync data between devices with mSecure Cloud.

Login or Signup to post a comment