Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Data transfer to a new phone

I purchased another iPhone and my passwords did not transfer.

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for contacting us. I searched using your "cgulaga@imecgrp.com" email address, and I was able to find your mSecure account. However, it's set to use "Wi-Fi" syncing, which means the data you had in the app on your old device would not be synced to mSecure Cloud, iCloud or Dropbox. This means you'll need to have a backup of your data to restore in mSecure on your new device.

Do you still have access to your data in mSecure on your old phone?

Hi Mike, sorry for the late response.  Yes I do have access to my data on the old phone.  Can I back it up to the Cloud?

No problem at all Curtis. If you still have access to the old phone, the transfer should be no problem at all. If you simply change to "mSecure Cloud" syncing, your data will simply sync over to your new phone. If for some reason you don't want to use mSecure Cloud, you can simply disable syncing after the data is transferred to your new phone, and it will be removed from mSecure Cloud. However, as a way to make sure your data is always available to whatever device you're running mSecure, I would simply leave mSecure Cloud syncing on moving forward.

To change the sync feature you're using:

1. Open mSecure on your old iPhone, then tap the menu button in the top left corner (3 stacked lines)
  2. Tap "Settings" in the menu
  3. Tap "Sync Settings" in the Settings screen
  4. Tap the row at the top
  5. Tap mSecure Cloud

Now you can open mSecure on your new iPhone, and the data should start syncing over.

Were you able to transfer your information Curtis?

It worked :-). Thank you very much!  

It's great to hear that fixed the problem Curtis! Thank you for your time, and please let me know should you need further assistance.

Login or Signup to post a comment