Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Apple Password leak notification

I got word from Apple that my passwords may have been in a password leak. Shall i change my passwords in Apple or MSecure?

Hi Dan,

If the password you are using for mSecure may have been found in an online leak, it would definitely be best to change the password for your mSecure account to something strong and unique. It would be highly unlikely that your account would ever be compromised because a thief would need more than just your password, but, of course, it's always best to make sure your account has a strong and unique password that has never been found in any breach.

You can change your password in mSecure's Settings on iOS, Android and Windows, and on Mac, you can open the app, then click "File > Change Password." After you change your password on one device, you'll need to unlock the app on your other devices first using the old password, which will decrypt the data stored on that device, then the next time you open the app, you'll use your new password.

Were you able to make the change to your mSecure password Dan?

Login or Signup to post a comment