Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Change my plan

I'd like to switch my plan from Premium to Essential but I can't find a way to do that. Will I have to cancel my existing plan when renewal time comes around, then sign up again?

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for contacting us. At this time, there is no way to change the tier of your subscription without contacting us first. I was able to find your account, and changed your subscription from Premium to Essentials. In doing so, here is the financial information our system reports:

Customer will have a credit balance of US$1.34. They will be billed US$0.00 on Apr 8, 2024. Once the credit balance is used up, their recurring billing amount will be US$19.99 every 1 year.

Does that take care of your request Sherry?

Yes it does! Thank you so much for handling this for me. I've been an mSecure user since Nov 2008 and I appreciate all the work y'all have done through the years. The evolution of the app has been amazing!

Thank you so much for your feedback and your ongoing business Sherry! It's great to know we've been able to serve you in this way for all these years =)  Please let me know should need further assistance.

Login or Signup to post a comment