Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Forgot password

I am a senior and not good with this. I need help

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your password. This is one of the more difficult issues to handle with mSecure, because we don't get access to our customer's password or the information that's stored in the app. Because of this, there's no type of password or data retrieval when it comes to mSecure. I will do everything I can to help, and hopefully something we do will help you get back into your data. If not, then I would be able to help you reset the app to start fresh.

I can see in our system that you set up your mSecure account back on January 25th of this year. Does that sound right? The reason I ask is that it's possible you have been using the older version of mSecure for a long time now, and if that's the case, you could have your data in that app instead of the new mSecure 6 app.

Do you know which version of mSecure you are running? If it's mSecure 4, the app icon on your device would be a bright blue color. If it's mSecure 6, it would be a very dark blue, almost black, in color.

Also, on which devices do you have mSecure installed?

Is it possible that I speak to you

We may be able to set up a phone call, but we would have to do that through email. Also, one thing to mention is that if you have forgotten your password, the only thing we're going to be able to do here is reset mSecure so that your able to start entering data into your account. To clarify what I wrote in my first response, since we don't get access to your password or data, there is no way for us to retrieve either of them. The password for your account is only stored in your memory, and the unencrypted data is only ever available in the mSecure app on the devices you install the app on.

Should you decide that you just need to reset your account to get access to it again. I can send you very detailed instructions that will get you through that process, and I can help you along every step of the way here in the forum.

Are you sure that you've forgotten your password Laurie?

Login or Signup to post a comment