Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Maintenance on Mac software, without any problem

Maintenance is applied with no impact on the MAC.

Modification of mSecure changed access parameter and cannot use backup and restore function is not available.

To enter mSecure, I can't use Face ID, I have to use the password instead.  Impact problem 

MacBook Pro 16gi MacOS.  But I'm having problems after configuring mSecure.

MSecure is used on the IPhone and IPad Pro 4 and works with IOS.  With the IPhone and IPad Pro, both work. 

Hi Alain,

I see you posted a response in a different thread. Let's keep our correspondence here in this thread from here on out to keep all the information about your issue in one place.

Unfortunately, I'm still having problems understanding exactly what's going wrong here. When you say "Maintenance is applied..." what does that mean? I checked your account with the same email address you're using here in the forum, and everything looks good, so I'm not seeing anything obviously going wrong.

Here are a couple of questions to help me understand the situation better:

1. When you open mSecure on your iPhone and iPad, do you see all your information?
  2. Is mSecure on your Mac the only app having a problem?
  3. When you open mSecure on your Mac, what do you see?

1. Maintenance software for Mac.  Everyting work perfectly.
  2. mSecure: after maintenance software impact
  3. When you open mSecure on your iPhone and iPad, do you see all your information?  Yes I see all information
  4. Is mSecure on your Mac the only app having a problem?   Yes  parameter has been remove MSecure
  5. When you open mSecure on your Mac, what do you see?  impact no Face ID, use password.  Setting is not appears, but jcl for Backup & Restore can’t use

For your version of mSecure :  6.1.5 (997)

Hi Alain,

I still don't understand what you mean by "Maintenance software for your Mac," but that might not matter here. Since you see all your information on your iPhone and iPad, I'm going to simply have you try resetting mSecure on your Mac to see if that fixes the problem:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

Did that have any effect on the problem Alain?

Hi Mike,

You  will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, « mSecure.mscb ».    I can find mSecure.mscb "Show Data File in Finder",

Msecure. Version 6.1.5 (9970)

In mSecure I can file Setting (or réglages).   How can create file   << Settings >> into the parameter?

60% is good.

Some's problems has been resolves %70.  (Settings

Parameter «  Settings   » does not appear to panel.

I can't find " how Data File in Finder », and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, « mSecure.mscb ».

If I can't find in  <<Data File in Filter>>  « mSecure.mscb ».     it necessary?

All in  use, but only parameter  << Settings >> is not panel

for « mSecure.mscb » can’t view into Finder.   I can’t neccessery I thing.

Mike. You have better job.   

Only, create << Settings >> mSecure in panel & « mSecure.mscb »  no necessary  

Mike. You have better job.   

Every thing work fine, except  I have  << Settings >>  not found in panel.

I can’t found in << Finder >> file « mSecure.mscb ».

Mike.   You make good  job to help me.

Bravo.

Hi Alain,

I think I am having troubles understanding due to us speaking different languages. I do not know what you mean when you talk about "parameters" and "Settings." In the instructions I sent you, all it is telling you to do is simply delete mSecure's database file, and the name of that file is "mSecure.mscb." After you open mSecure, you click on "Help" in the menu bar, hold down the "option" key on your Mac's keyboard, then you'll see 4 hidden items get displayed like you see in the screenshot attached below.

All you need to do is click on the option that says, "Show Data File in Finder" (of course, it will be in your native language and not English). After you click that option, Finder will open the folder where mSecure's database file is located. After closing mSecure, delete the file named "mSecure.mscb" and then re-open mSecure.

If you are not able to find the "mSecure.mscb" file, what happens when you click the "Show Data File in Finder" option in the Help menu?

Hi  Mike,

I think I am having troubles understanding due to us speaking different languages. I do not know what you mean when you talk about "parameters" and "Settings."

« parameters and Settings (in French is « Réglages »).  But It not necessairy,  Just for your information.

In the instructions I sent you, all it is telling you to do is simply delete mSecure's database file, and the name of that file is "mSecure.mscb." After you open mSecure, you click on "Help" in the menu bar, hold down the "option" key on your Mac's keyboard, then you'll see 4 hidden items get displayed like you see in the screenshot attached below.

I see only «  mSecure.mscb » ,  but I delete.    

Thank for your help, is appreciated.

Have a good day!

Hi Alain,

I'm sorry about our troubles communicating here. It's always difficult to get on the same page at first, but after awhile, I'm usually able to understand enough to get things resolved =)

If I understand you correctly, you were able to delete the "mSecure.mscb" file. Is that correct? If so, what happens now when you open mSecure? Are you prompted to sign in to your account?

Hi Mike,

Yes, I've logged into my account and performed a backup and restore.  

Everything is fine.

That's great news Alain. Thank you for sticking with this and for your patience as we made it through the language barrier! Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Hi Mike,

That's fine, I'll take into account your extra help if needed.  Thank you for your patience.

Have a good day!

Alain

Login or Signup to post a comment