Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Problem login

For some reason I could not log in on my Iphone or work Ipad (no idea what happened).

I tried creating a new account (with same account email) and did so.  I then tried importing a backup file without success.  So I am at a loss.

Today I opened my "home" ipad and I got in my original account with a thumb print.  All my records are there.  Great.  I changed the password to be safe and did a fresh back up.

I generated an auth code and tried logging in the Iphone and work Ipad with the new password.  Both asked to scan the auth code - and neither accepted it!  So I have no Msecure on two items I use daily at work.

I then changed the user name on the home Ipad and tried again on the Iphone and work Ipad with negative results.

Any thought?

Hi Kim,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure what's happening here, but I should be able to help you getting it resolved quickly. The first thing I need is the email address on your mSecure account. I tried looking for an account with the email you are using here in the support forum, but I couldn't find it. I want to check the account really quick to make sure there's nothing obviously going wrong in the background.

Also, as a first step, I'm going to have you confirm the email address you're using for your account in mSecure on your home iPad. Open mSecure on that device, tap the menu icon in the top left corner (3 stacked lines), then tap Settings. In Settings, tap Account Settings. What email address do you see in that screen?

Hello, I started out with MSecure with khinkley@yahoo.com. I used that when I first subscribed years ago. As I mentioned, when I found I could get on Home Ipad, I changed the account name (& password). The account name I am accessing on that Ipad is kimhinkley@monroecounty.gov. As I mentioned, I thought I could then log on the IPhone and Work Ipad if I changed account names. I have a premium account which renews on 7.29.2023.

Thank you for that information Kim. The first thing we should do here is make sure you are using the email address you want to use. Changing the username will not have any effect on whether you can authenticate as the owner of the account on other devices, so it would be best to change the username back to your @yahoo address now on your home iPad if you want to use that email address.

Regardless of which email address you chose, the next step will be to simply reinstall mSecure on one of your work iOS devices. Starting from scratch this way can simplify the troubleshooting, since I don't know exactly all that has happened thus far. What I would do is simply reinstall mSecure on your iPhone. Then on your home iPad, open mSecure's Account Settings and reveal your account's QR code. Next, on your iPhone, sign in to your account using whichever email address and password you use to access your home iPad's mSecure app, and scan the QR code your revealed on in your home iPad's mSecure Account Settings.

After doing that, were you able to sign in to your account on your iPhone?

On the Home Ipad I changed my account back to khinkley@yahoo.com. deleted Msecure on both IPhone and Work Ipad. I then reinstalled. On Work IPad, it allows me to enter password - I am asked for Auth Key - using the key on the Home Ipad (fully functioning app with all my records), the Work Ipad still says invalid/incorrect Auth Key. On the IPhone, when I enter khinkley@yahoo.com with the password (from Home Ipad), I get a message “a user with that email already exists”.

Hi Kim,

I believe the reason the issue is happening on your iPhone is because you are trying to Sign Up for a new account instead of trying to Sign In. Real quick, open mSecure on your iPhone, and when you get to the screen asking you to Sign In or Sign Up, choose "Sign In." Are you able to enter your username and password to sign in to the account? If so, what happens when you try to scan the QR code on your home iPad?

You were right I hit sign up by mistake. IPhone - accepts password but not Auth Key. (Which I generated from my Home IPad that works) Work IPad - accepts password but not Auth Key

Hi Kim, so we have one thing figured out, which is good news. Now we have to figure out what's happening with the QR Code. I know you have generated a new QR code from your home iPad's mSecure app, but I need you to try scanning the code directly in that device's mSecure Account Settings. There are things that can happen when the code is displayed in an email app, so it's always best to scan the code directly from the Account Settings of another device when problems like this arise.

Go ahead and open mSecure on your home iPad, then tap the menu button in the top left corner (3 stacked lines). Tap Settings in the menu, then tap Account Settings in the Settings screen. Reveal the QR code in the Account Settings, then try scanning that code from your other devices when signing in to the account.

Did that fix the problem?

Thanks for all your help. When I have tried logging in on Work IPad and IPhone I have used both an email copy and direct scan from my Home Ipad.

No problem at all, but I am sorry you're having to go through all of this. Thank you very much for your patience as we get the problem resolved!

Since you're not able to scan the code directly from mSecure on your home iPad, this means something has gone wrong with the account key. We run into this occasionally, but we're not sure yet what causes it to happen. There are only two ways to go about resolving what's happening. One is to create a backup, then reset your account. The other is to create a new account. In this case, I think it would be most simple to have you create a new account. After you create the new account on your iPhone, then you can create an email backup on your home iPad and restore the data in the new account. After we get everything moved over to the new account, then we can get your home iPad's mSecure app signed in to the new account, and everything will be good moving forward.

What I did is change the email address on your current mSecure account to your "@monroecounty.gov" address. This will make it possible for you to create a new account on your iPhone using your @yahoo address. After you have created a new account on your iPhone, let me know and I'll send instructions for migrating your data using the email backup/restore feature.

What you recommended, would that now show up as khinkley@yahoo on my Home IPad? When I opened my Home IPad it shows khinkley@yahoo. In any case I signed in to IPhone with khinkley@yahoo.com and logged in (with pw from Home IPad. Asked for Auth Key and again error message incorrect Auth Key!
Update. Logging in on iPhone (khinkley@yahoo) did not work. Message Auth Key code incorrect 0n Work IPad I screwed up and signed up under a misspelled name (khinkkley@yahoo) and it worked! Damn. I hadn’t noticed this and did a restore records from my Home iPad (which worked by the way). I tried changing the account name on Work Ipad and it will not let me - says “account already exist for that user Name”
Update #2. I logged into IPhone using the misspelled name (khinkkley@yahoo) and it let me in. It still says temporary account. I logged in to the website with both spellings and each time I got in. The correct spelling one also said temp account (while using the correct spelling on Home IPad say subscription account)

Hi Kim,

I think all I'm going to need to do here is move your license over to the account you want to use. The problem is, at this point, I'm not sure which one you want to use going forward. On which device do you see all your information in mSecure, and in the Account Settings of mSecure on that device, what is the exact spelling of the account email address?

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been out of touch with Covid. Right now my account works on both IPads and IPhone - Khinkkley@yahoo.com. It does not work on my computer (not an apple computer). I tried to use it on the computer by using the Auth Key from my Iphone and it did not recognize it. Also according to my IPhone/IPads, khinkkley@yahoo.co, has 8 days remaining on the trial period. Can you get khinkley@yahoo.com to work?

Login or Signup to post a comment