Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Build 1803 Crashes on login

App crashes when I first login after a day or so on my Galaxy S22+ (One UI 5.1, Android 13). Open the app, authenticate with biometrics, then the app closes. Tap application again and it opens all logged in. It will open fine for a period of time, but at some point it will crash upon authentication.

Hi Craig,

It may be that you are running into an issue recently reported by a different customer. I'm hoping this is the case, because our developer is currently working on a fix for that.

What I need to do is get logging from your mSecure app to see if you're dealing with the same issue. Please follow these steps:

1. Open mSecure and go to the Settings

2. Tap "Get Help"

3. Turn off the "Enable logging" toggle if it's on, and wait for about 10 seconds

4. Turn on the "Enable logging" toggle

5. Close mSecure, then open it again so and make the crash happen (the crash has to happen in order for the logging that we need to be recorded)

6. After the crash happens, open mSecure again and go back to "Get Help" in the Settings

7. Tap the mail icon to the right of "Latest saved log file" and send that log file to me at "support@msevensoftware.com"

8. Notify me here that you sent the log file, and I'll get it over to our developer for analysis

Hi Mike,

I sent the log file just now.  Thank you very much for looking into it. 

Hi Craig,

I'm having trouble finding the log files you sent. Did you send them using a different email by chance?

Same email account. I sent one log on May 15, 2023 at 14:01 UTC (10:01 EDT Local) and another one today, May 17, 2023 at 14:19 UTC (10:19 EDT Local).

Hi Craig,

I'm not sure what's happening here. I was able to find your email in our spam service, and I don't know why it went there. The bigger problem is I tried to release it from spam and it's not showing up in our system. Can I have you save the logging to your device and then attach it here to your next post instead?

I am attaching the three logs from three days of seeing the behavior.

Hi Craig,

Our developer has released a new beta build for Android, and it has fixes for different bugs that have been reported. Would you be willing to install this new build to see if it fixes the problems you're encountering? If so, please email us at "support@msevensoftware.com." Let me know here after you send the email, and I will get back to you as soon as I see it.

Hey Mike, Message sent. 

Hey Craig, I hope you have seen my last email and were able to download the latest Android beta. Let me know if that build has an effect on the crashing issue.

Login or Signup to post a comment