Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Lost license for 3.5.7

Hi!

After reinstalling OS and app on my Mac trial period was launched once again and I need license to make it registered again. But looks like I've lost it. I've tried to log in my cabinet at www.msecure.com, but password from icloud-keychain appeared to be wrong and there is no option on site to reset it. I have working password for my database (app v3.5.7 on MacOS and v4.5.4 on iOS) and email with qr-code. Please help (send license again)!

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, the Mac 3.5.7 mSecure app can no longer be activated using the old licensing system. That part of the app no longer works, and since it that version is no longer supported, there is no way to activate it.

I can help you with getting you upgraded to mSecure 6, but that does come with an upgrade cost unless you have an mSecure 5 Pro license. Is that something you're interested in doing?

I see. But I feel like the right to use what I bought was taken away from me... Fortunately I've managed to extract the application from TimeMachine backup and it works well now on the new system. As to upgrades - thanx, but no - I'm fully satisfied with current capabilities. To tell you the truth, I'll think twice before buying something else here with this attitude to my purchases. Thank you for your time and sorry for bothering.

Hi Dmitry,

I understand what you're saying here, but when apps are no longer supported, all sorts of problem creep in over time. Without regular updates, apps simply break and become unusable as systems they run on continue to upgrade. The best app developers can go is provide an upgrade path with as little resistance as possible, which is what we have done with mSecure 6. Should you want to use the new app in the future, let me know.

Login or Signup to post a comment