Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Follow up on Jakub’s problem - mSecure 6.0.2. not working on iOS 15.4.1 and 15.3.1

I read where Jakub had a problem with mSecure crashing with his iPhone.  The recommended solution was to delete mSecure and reinstall.

I had the exact same problem.  I had mSecure 6 and it was working fine, then (with no iPhone updates) it just started crashing within 5 seconds of opening.  I did notice that I could keep the app open as long as I kept my finger on the screen and was scrolling up or down.  As soon as I stopped movement the app would crash.

I backed up my data on my PC......just in case, deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it.  It seems to be working ok now.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you very much for describing what was happening on your iPhone. I'm hoping the reason this issue is now fixed is due to version 6.0.3 getting installed on your phone after you deleted it, but I'm not sure. Can you go to mSecure's Settings on your phone and tap the About mSecure option at the bottom of the screen? What version does it say you're running?

Mike,

Sorry for the delay.  I forgot to do what you requested.  However, the issue is occurring again.  Here is what happened.  Everything seamed to be working great after I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it.  Last night  I entered a new login item.  I clicked the "add item" plus sign and input the data I wanted and when I finished I clicked the check mark and then closed the program.   I reopened the program to check that the data was there and now the app is crashing like before.

1 - I opened my desktop mSecure this morning and the data I entered into my phone app is not there.

2 - Shut down my phone and restarted it, it did not solve the problem.

3 - Deleted the app and it's associated data.  Kept the subscription when it asked.

4 - Shutdown my phone and restarted it and reinstalled the app.  (V 6.0.4 (858))

Everything is working now, however you definitely have a problem here.  4/18/22

Hi Wayne,

I'm sorry you're still running into the crashing like you are. We hoped we had this all fixed with the 6.0.3 release, but there are other issues causing the app to crash, so we're still trying to weed them all out.

I'm going to have you send us crash logs to see if that can help the developer figure out what's causing this. In order to find mSecure's crash logs on iOS, you can follow these steps:

1.    Open the "Settings" app

2.    Tap the "Privacy" option

3.    Tap "Analytics & Improvements" near the bottom of the "Privacy" page

4.    Tap "Analytics Data" near the top of the "Analytics & Improvements" page

5.    Locate entries that begin with "mSecure" (there may be a LOT of crash files, but they are stored in alphabetical order)

6.    Tap on the newest entry, then tap the share button in the top right and send the logs via email to "support@msevensoftware.com"

7.    Tap on the 2nd and 3rd newest entries, and send those as well

8.    Select all the log files, then right-click on them to compress them into one file before attaching them to your next response

After I have the crash logs, I will send them to our developer. Hopefully they will lead to a quick resolution of the bug you are experiencing.

On the iPhone app, I open Settings.....there is no "Privacy", all there are as follows:  Account Settings, Change Password, Use Face ID, Auto Lock, Self Destruct, Hide Sensitive, Enable Apple Watch, Edit Templated, Sync Settings, Email Backup, Backups, Browser Setting, Appearance, What's New, Support, Tell a Friend and About mSecure.  I looked in all of the above and do not find any Privacy or Analytics.

Willing to help but need better information.  I am running V 6.0.4 (858)

You're looking in mScure's Settings and not the iOS Settings app. You should not be opening mSecure in the first step of the instructions I gave. Does that make sense Wayne?

Here are the instructions again, and just make sure in step #1 that you find the "Settings" app on your home screen and that you don't open mSecure:

1.    Open the "Settings" app

2.    Tap the "Privacy" option

3.    Tap "Analytics & Improvements" near the bottom of the "Privacy" page

4.    Tap "Analytics Data" near the top of the "Analytics & Improvements" page

5.    Locate entries that begin with "mSecure" (there may be a LOT of crash files, but they are stored in alphabetical order)

6.    Tap on the newest entry, then tap the share button in the top right and send the logs via email to "support@msevensoftware.com"

7.    Tap on the 2nd and 3rd newest entries, and send those as well

8.    Select all the log files, then right-click on them to compress them into one file before attaching them to your next response

After I have the crash logs, I will send them to our developer. Hopefully they will lead to a quick resolution of the bug you are experiencing.

Login or Signup to post a comment