Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Lack of support

I wish I could say that I was very pleased with mSecure after their new release of six. Msecure installed on my iOS devices very well but failed to install on my PCs. I do not understand the family pricing.  I bought a separate license for my wife sometime ago.  I’m considering ditching msecure entirely.  There is a great deal of cost in transferring all my passwords. To move to another product it’s going to require a fair amount of work. I have submitted several tickets to no avail.  

One thing I would suggest is a paid support option, per ticket.  I have spent hours trying to get this to work well.  Generally I agree with free support but when you have a problem and you really need a solution I do not mind paying for service.

1 person has this problem

Hi Richard,

I can help you here in the support forum if you would like. The first thing we need to do is get mSecure installed on your PCs. I'm not sure why you are having problems here, but I'll do everything I can to help. What happens when you search for mSecure in the Store app on your PCs and then choose to install mSecure 6? Do any error messages get displayed?

For licensing, there is no family pricing yet for mSecure 6, but that's coming soon. However, nothing has really changed in the new app for those who had a v5 Pro license. Whichever way you and your wife were using mSecure in v5 is the same way you can use it now. If you were both sharing one account, you can still share it in v6. If you both had your own account and each had a v5 Pro license, now you both have a v6 Essentials account instead. Does that make sense, or do you still have questions about the licensing?

I mistakenly upgraded to premium.  My wife has an essentials and that seems to be working.  How can I revert to an essentials account?  

Mike, thank you for your reply.  I have had my earlier questions addressed.  I was getting pretty frustraded.  

Is there something besides the licensing question that is frustrating you know Richard? I know you had to wait for help with the original question you had, but I believe that's been addressed. I'm not sure what more I can do here by continue the process of helping you with other issues you bring up.

If all you need is an Essentials account, you can request a refund from Apple. Unfortunately, we are not able to refund purchases from Apple's App Stores, because Apple does not give developers access to their customer's iTunes account to process refunds. However, you can request a refund directly from Apple instead.

Please visit this link - App Store Refunds

Sign in with the Apple ID you were using when you purchased mSecure, then chose "Request a refund" in the "What can we help you with?" dropdown. This starts off a refund request process with Apple, which should get your the refund you are seeking.

What was their response to your request Richard?

Login or Signup to post a comment