I originally raised this 5 days ago as a new ticket and support immediately closed my ticket with no explanation whatsoever - so thanks for that, really great support.
Posting here as I may have better luck.
I have downloaded v6 for Desktop (MAC) and also have this version on my devices.
It doesnt matter which sync via setting I use - It always reverts back to dont sync.
I have read somewhere (can't find the exact link) that v6 doesnt support this unless you have the premium version - however I have v5 pro and was under the impression I would be upgraded to the essentials version which should support this.
I have also uninstalled and re-installed and still same issues.
Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. When this has happened to users of mSecure 5, the previous version, a red error message would be displayed when the user tried change the sync feature. When you first change the syncing feature to "iCloud," do you see an error message get displayed?
Also, if you have mSecure running on different devices, can you tell what types of devices they are, and if you try to change the sync feature on one of them, does it stick?
I'm not sure where you read that you needed to pay for syncing, but it would be good if you could remember so I can fix the messaging. We have tried to get the word out to our customers via email, in-app messages, and in multiple pages on our site that if you have a v5 Pro license, you now have an Essentials account at no cost. The Essentials account contains all of the features in v5, so you don't have to pay for syncing. You should have no problem syncing using any of the different sync features supported by mSecure.
>>>. When you first change the syncing feature to "iCloud," do you see an error message get displayed?
No error message is display
>>>Also, if you have mSecure running on different devices, can you tell what types of devices they are, and if you try to change the sync feature on one of them, does it stick?
Use iPhone 11 pro Max. I can change the setting on this phone to any of the supported sync options and it sticks
Additional issues with this new version that may be the cause of the SYNC issue :
- Tapping ACCOUNT crashes the app on MAC version
- Your authentication process has become frazzled , I've changed my password and on my device it picks up the new password, on my MAC it requires the old password and then when I log in, it comes up with a red error messages 'invalid username/password' and then allows me to log in.
- No data is shown in my MAC version since it doesnt SYNC -> The only way to get data in is to restore via a backup.
It appears something has gone wrong with mSecure on your Mac, which is not the norm. Since you have your data in mSecure on your iPhone, my suggestion is to follow the steps below to reset the app and then sign back in to your account. After you do that, everything should be back to normal.
To reset mSecure on your Mac:
1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.
2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.
3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"
4. Close mSecure
5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash
Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:
1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed
2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen
3. Click "Sign In"
Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.
Thank you Mike.
Works perfectly. I can now confirm :
- Syncing works
- Doesnt crash when I tap Account
- Uses correct password on ALL devices
- All my data from device is now synced with MAC
That's great news Ro! Please let us know should you need further assistance.