Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

msecure pro doesn't show saved accounts

mSecure just updated to Pro and has all my saved accounts with passwords showing in a vault marked private.  When I click it, nothing shows up.

I need access to my accounts.  That is why I had it in the first place.  Are we able to go back to the old version if we want to?

1 person has this problem

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. In mSecure 6, everyone has a Private vault, as that's where all records that aren't shared with other users are placed. Since what you are describing isn't normal behavior, I'm hoping you have a filter enabled that's causing some information to be hidden.

I just tried checking your account, and I was able to find one, but it doesn't look like the account you are using. I'm not seeing any devices signed in to that account which indicates you are using a different account. This is OK, but I do need to figure out which account you are using.

I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your devices. I don't know all the different platforms you use, so I'm sending you the instructions for all of them. When you respond, please tell me the different devices you are using next to the email you see in the Account Settings of each app.

Also, if don't want to type out your email address here in the forum, then we may need to move our correspondence to email. If you don't want to type out the email you find in the Account Settings of each mSecure app, for the first step, simply let me know what type of device or devices you are using.

To find the email address for your account, follow the instructions below on each device running mSecure.

For the mobile app (iOS/Android):

1.    Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view

2.    Tap Settings at the bottom of menu

3.    Tap Account Settings

For the Mac app:

1.    Open mSecure

2.    Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen

3.    Click the "Account" tab

For the Windows app:

1.    Click the settings icon in the bottom of the left column

2.    Click Account Settings

My phone is doing the same thing. I have the latest update on my phone and iMac. The iMac is working normally ie: I can see all the entries/passwords I have. The iphone shows a vault with what I assume is all my information which I can not access on the phone

@Mark Thank you for contacting us. We don't have any known issues that keep some data from showing in any of the mSecure apps, so I'm hoping this is a filtering issue.

To make sure no filters are set and all records are visible, please follow the instructions below. I'm sending you instructions for all platforms, because I'm not sure which ones you use. You may only need the instructions for iOS at the top, but if you have any other types of devices, you can use the other instructions to clear the filters that may be active in mSecure.

For iOS:

1) Tap the leftmost icon in the filterbar at the top of the main view

2) If you see any tag or vault icons under the 5 filters in the filterbar, tap one of them, then tap the option to remove all

3) Look at the star in the top right of the main view. Is it yellow? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

For Android:

1) Tap the menu icon in the top left of your screen to bring in the menu

2) Tap "All Items" at the top of the list, then close the menu

3) Look at the star in the top right of the main view. Is it yellow in the on position? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

For Mac:

1) Click "All Records" at the top of the left column

2) Look at the star in the top right of the middle column. Is it yellow? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

For Windows:

1) Click "All Items" at the top of the left column

2) Look at the star in the top right of the middle column. Is it yellow? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

Login or Signup to post a comment