Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Sync Deletes Entries

For some reason after I open the program Version 6 it starts to sync and it deletes all my entries then I have to restore from mSecure Cloud and then on my other computer I get decryption error as my title in the headings

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure how this has happened, but your mSecure app's Account Key has gotten out of sync. The easiest way to fix this is to reset mSecure on the one device that is showing the decryption errors. Before doing this, however, you should make a new backup of your data. Can you tell me what type of device you are using that allows you to restore your data from mSecure Cloud? After I know that, I can help with making a new backup.

I am using iMac desktop which is syncing and deleting the info and MacBookAir which I keep getting the decryption issues another issue is I’m showing two different backup data date and times of the last backup on my iPhone and iMac desktop
Plus I have taking off sync automatically and have all the info on all my devices but earlier one of my backups only had half of my saved info so I don’t know what’s going on the only way I get this to work is manually backup and save on my desktop and use that to install my info

@Mark Since I don't know what's causing the problem, I can't tell why it's happening. However, we can get everything working as it should, and should just take resetting the app on your Mac that's showing the decryption errors. The good news is, yo have already turned off syncing, and that was the first step. The next step will be to restore your data from the backup you have onto your iMac. What we need here is for all your data to be up to date on your iMac, then I'm going to have you reset mSecure on your MacBook Air. Were you able to restore from your backup on your iMac, and are you sure you have all your data intact on that device?

I was able to get my info back on the main computer iMac desktop from a manual save that I did How do I do a restore without loosing all my saved info on the cloud and syncing back to the old ways of deleting all the files Why am I showing different saved restore points on my macs and iPhone

@Mark Ok, now that the data is restored on your iMac, you'll need to follow the instructions below to reset mSecure on your other Mac computers:

1. Open mSecure on that device

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

Were you able to reset mSecure on your other Macs and sign back in to your account?

Ugh now it’s telling me invalid QR code on my Mac air book pro
I found another QR code and it worked I manually loaded files as the backup on the cloud was empty will this allow me to put all my devices back on sync with mSecure cloud without deleting my files after sync which was my original problem

I should have told you not to restore from a backup on your MacBook. You don't want to do that, because you don't want any potential conflicts with the data after both apps sync up to the cloud. You just want the data on one app to sync over to the other. What you should do now before turning on syncing is simply delete the database file again on your MacBook. After you do that, the app will be in a fresh state again. After that, do not restore data into that app, and turn on mSecure Cloud syncing in mSecure on your iMac. The data on your iMac should then sync over to mSecure on your MacBook.

What about my iPhone That shows a different restore data dates Should I sync via the mSecure cloud or wifi first to catch up

For now, let's just focus on your two Mac apps and keep the other device's mSecure apps closed. If the issues is resolved on your two Mac computers, as long as there is no risk of data loss, meaning no data is stored in the mSecure apps on your iOS devices that aren't stored in your Mac mSecure apps, I would simply reinstall mSecure on your iOS devices before opening them again. That way, they will simply sync in the data stored in your Mac apps.

Login or Signup to post a comment