Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Answer to Security Question

I'm just getting started with mSecure and am trying to import the info from my previous platform (BB Password Keeper). One question I have not been able to find an answer to so far is this: What is the best way to record security questions and their corresponding answers?

This relates to logins where the application has multiple additional security questions (up to 5 in some cases for me) where I need to record the questions and the correct answers to each question. Sometimes these are used for password recovery (similar to a hint), but other applications will randomly ask one of these security questions each time I log in to the application. The BB password keeper had a dedicated field that came with two fillable spaces, one for the question and one for the answer. The answer would allow for an auto-generated answer, just like any other auto-generated password.

Is there a feature for this in mSecure? Or is my best option to record this in the notes?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for contacting us! That feature you mentioned in BB Password Keeper is really good feature. Unfortunately, mSecure doesn't have anything like that, and so you have to create password questions/answer fields manually. You can either do that on the fly by adding fields to each record you need them in, or you can totally edit the Login template and add a certain number question/answer fields. If you add them on the fly, you'll have to create custom fields for each record. If you add them to the Login template, then you'll have those fields available whenever you create a new Login record. Either way works, but it is important to note there won't be any auto-fillable data for those question/answer fields.

Also, I'm going to be adding this as a feature request, because I do think it would be valuable. However, surprisingly, we haven't had any other customers mention this type of feature, so I'm not sure when it would be prioritized.

Login or Signup to post a comment