Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Lost password

I have forgotten my password. I was pretty sure I would not forget but it is apparently incorrect.

I need access to my stored data but a reset will erase all of that apparently.

Is this correct?  I have the QR code email from when I changed my password recently but that seems to be of no help if I read other threads with the same problem. 

What now?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing with your password. Unfortunately, in situations like this, there isn't a lot we can do. mSeven Software doesn't acquire the password from our customers, so we don't know what it is and can't retrieve it for you. Also, we don't acquire the information you store in mSecure, so there is no way for us to retrieve it for you. Even if you were using mSecure Cloud syncing, the data stored on our servers is always encrypted, so there is no way for us to get access to it in a format that is readable.

With regards to your QR code, the data stored in that code is your account key, but it's encrypted with the password you aren't able to remember. So the encrypted account key in the QR code can't help if you don't know the password used to encrypt the data stored in the code.

In the end, since the data stored protected by mSecure is encrypted by a combination of your account key and your account password, there is no way to decrypt the data unless you know the account password.

One thing, what led you to this place where you can't remember your password? It's not usual for us to hear about customers being able to unlock the app one day and then not remember the password soon thereafter. Do you by any chance run mSecure on a different device where you can access the app using either Touch or Face ID, or are you locked out of the app on all your devices?

Lost / forgotten Password

Hi Thomas,

I responded to you in the other thread you posted in. We'll keep our correspondence in that one thread from here on out.

Login or Signup to post a comment