Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

I forgot my password to get into MSecure

How do I reset password without losing my data. I no longer have MSecure 4

2 people have this problem

Hi Layne,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Due to the security built into mSecure, there is no way to get at the data stored in the app if the password used to encrypt the data is not known. The data stored in the app is encrypted with the password you use, so the only way to decrypt that data is with the password used to encrypt it.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can do in these situations. In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our customer's password or the information stored in their mSecure account, so there is no way for us to retrieve either of those items. Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change an account's password when mSecure is not accepting the password the user is entering. I'm really sorry I don't have better news here. 

Do you have any ideas as to what the password could be? If so, one thing that has helped some customers in this situation is trying some letter substitutions for the password attempts. Whatever the password may be, it's possible you used number and/or special character substitutions like typing $ for S or 3 for E. Hopefully this can aid you in finding the correct combination of characters for your password.

I recently changed my mSecure password and I have forgotten it and cannot find my notes when I changed it.  I DO have my previous password if that might help to somehow find my new password.  Can you help?

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear you have forgotten your password. Unfortunately, even with knowing the old password you were using, there's no way to unlock the mSecure app if you don't know the password needed to unlock it. Also, at this time, there's no way to change the password without also resetting your account, which destroys the data stored in the app.

The only hope would be if you have a backup of your data that is secured with the old password you know. In that case, you could reset your account, and then restore from the backup you have using the old password. Do you know if you have an old backup that is secured with your old password?

Also, if you have any device where you are able to unlock mSecure, even if it's an older version of the app, that could help. Are you locked out of all versions of mSecure on all your devices, or are you able to get into any version of the app on at least one device?

Login or Signup to post a comment