Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

On e2 of my devices says incorrect password

Last week two of my  devices says wrong password, but I use the same passowrd on my phone and desktop.

1 person has this question

Hi Yvette,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not exactly sure what's happening here, but your different mSecure apps should require the same password to unlock the app. Real quick, are you saying that you still have access to your information on your phone and desktop, or are you locked out of mSecure entirely on all your devices?

I have 3 devices that share mSecure. One of the devices says wrong password, though the password works on the other 2. I thought that I'd delete the app on this device and just reinstall it and try again, but before deleting I get a message that says that all data will be deleted when I delete the app. The apps synch via WiFi so there is no cloud back up (that I know of) and I'm concerned that deleting the app will not only delete all data on that device, but all data on the apps/devices that synch with it. How do I either reset the mSecure password on this device or delete it without losing all of me passwords.

@Mike I can't say why only one of the mSecure apps wouldn't accept your password. It's possible that it's connected to a different account, which is not uncommon, but I can't tell with the information I have now.

You may just need to reinstall the app, but before I can give you full instructions, I'll need to know what types of devices you are using. Let me know all of the device types, and also let me know on which device you are not able to sign in to mSecure.

Login or Signup to post a comment