Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

transfer data from mSecure 4 to mSecure5

I installed mSecure 5, chose the sync up method.  However, I didn't a message to choose to transfer my old data from mSecure 4 to mSecure 5. Please help

3 people have this problem

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the recent iOS update. Did you create a new account, or did you reset an existing account before signing in to mSecure? As long as you set up the account in the mSecure 5 app on the same iOS device that mSecure 4 is installed, the migration should have taken place after choosing a sync feature in the account set up screens.

Did you download mSecure 5 onto your iPhone that also has mSecure 4, and did you create the new account on that same device?

Hi Mike,

Yes, I found the article on mSecure that I have to install mSecure 5.  I did that.  However, after I created my login and password, made a selection of sync method (it was wifi), I didn't get a prompt for data migration.   What should I do?

Hi Inna,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the recent iOS update. I think what might be happening here is that the version of mSecure 4 installed on your devices is older than 4.5.4. When you signed up for your account, as long as you did so on the device on which mSecure 4 is installed, after choosing the sync feature you wanted to use, you should have seen a screen asking you if you would like to import your data from mSecure 4. However, if the old app isn't the newest v4 release, then the migration cannot be triggered.

I'm going to have you check to see what version of mSecure 4 is installed on your device to try to figure out if my suspicion is correct. To do this, follow the steps below:

1) Open the Settings app on the device on which the migration did not take place when setting up your mSecure 5 account

2) Tap General

3) Tap iPhone Storage

4) Tap the magnifying glass in the top right, and type in "mSecure"

5) You should see two apps returned in the search, and you'll need you to tap the one with the bright blue icon, which is the older version of mSecure

In the "mSecure" screen, what version is displayed under the name of the app? It would be most helpful if you could send a screenshot of the "mSecure" screen with the version information.

Hi Mike. It is 4.5.1. I was able to use it in three weeks ago…

Hi Inna,

Ok, so the problem is definitely being caused by the old app being too old. Please email me at support@msevensoftware.com and add "Attention Mike: No Migration" for the subject. This particular issue is much easier to work through via email, as I'll inevitably need to get some personal information from you. Let me know here when you have sent the email, and I'll respond as soon as I see it.

Hi Mike,

I sent you my email address

I just sent you a response @Inna. Let's keep all correspondence in email from here on out.

Login or Signup to post a comment