Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. The decryption errors arise when the account stored locally on each device don't match. The problem is, sometimes it's difficult to diagnose why they get out of sync. The easiest solution is to simply reset mSecure on your Mac, then sign in to the account again. This will get everything set up properly, and you shouldn't have any problems moving forward.
To reset mSecure on your Mac, you will need to follow these instructions:
1. Open mSecure on that device
2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu
3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"
4. Close mSecure
5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash
Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:
1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed
2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen
3. Click "Sign In", then enter the username and password you used to sign in to mSecure on your other devices (you can find the username for the account in mSecure's account settings on any device currently signed in to your account)
Did that take care of the problem David?
I bought pro m5, I restored, when I try to see my PW list I get a list of decryption error
I can see the
count of files in left hand column but none are opening it says
your files will show here
all PW seemingly there but I can't get to them
I'm not exactly sure what's happening here, but somehow the account key on your Mac is not matching the account key used on your other device(s). This shouldn't be difficult to fix, but I need some information before we proceed. Do you have access to your information on another device? If so, what type of device is it? Also, which sync feature are you using in mSecure?
NOTE: There are a few other posts I see where you are asking about the same issue. I'm going to delete those posts, and we'll continue our correspondence in this thread only.
iPhone, and iPad
I picked msecure cloud
Ok, this is good news. Since you have your data available on your iOS devices, you can simply reset mSecure on your Mac and then sign in to the account again. This should fix the issue.
To reset mSecure on your Mac, follow these steps:
Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your account:
Did that fix the problem?
nope sorry, couldn't't find mscb file,only sib and another ones 4 times, trashed them
no change still
no pass words
also not working on iOS devices either
If you open the Mac version of mSecure, then click on the Help option in the menu in the top left corner, then click the "option" key on your keyboard, do you see the two options show up at the bottom of the menu?
Also, what do you mean when you say it's not working on iOS devices either?