Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Login problem on my new iPhone12

I used mSecure for a years. I had iPhone 6 and able to login with finger print. 

I have backup on iCloud.

When I received new phone. I tried to open mSecure on iPhone12.

Because I forgot password (I used all the time finger to open app. 

I created new password on old phone and run backup. 

And even after I run backup on new phone.... it still not allow me to sign in to mSecure.

Hi Val,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. When you move to a new device, the fingerprint security information stored on the device is not transferred via the iCloud keychain, which is the reason you are required to add new fingerprints each time you set up a new device. Since that security information is not transferred to the new phone, mSecure no longer has the needed data to decrypt the information stored in the app. Of course, that is assuming the app was automatically transferred to the new phone when the OS was restored.

There are a couple of things that be very confusing here, so I need to get some clarification from you before trying to help. When you say you created a new password on your old phone and ran a backup, what do you mean? Are you able to open and unlock mSecure still on the old phone? If you are able to unlock mSecure on that device and view all your information, it should be no problem at all to transfer your data over to mSecure on the new phone.

Login or Signup to post a comment