Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Set up MSecure on Apple Watch

I enabled my Apple Watch in the MSecure app. I created a passcode. When I type the passcode on my Apple Watch it says wrong passcode. I have tried disabling and a new passcode multiple times. No matter what I do, the watch will not recognize the passcode. Any solutions for this problem?

5 people have this problem

Hi Susan,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I ran into the exact same problem with my Apple Watch after testing the issue you reported, and I thought there might be a bug here. However, it turns out you should be fine if you simply restart your Watch by holding down the crown and the button beneath it simultaneously. After the watch restarts, go ahead and open mSecure on your iPhone, disable the Watch app in the settings, then enable it again to set your passcode. After doing this, you should be able to unlock the watch app with the passcode you set.

HI Mike 

i have downloaded msecure to my iphone and watch and having the same issue . I have followed the advice posted above but not getting anywhere have enabled and tried a passcode but no jpoy any other advice you can suggest would be welcomethanks 

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing here. For most, simply shutting down the entire watch then starting it up again fixes the problem you have encountered. When you shut down the watch, did you follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204510#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%20side,you%20see%20the%20Apple%20logo

Go ahead and try that once more, then let me know if anything has changed. If not, I'm going to have you reinstall mSecure on the watch.

Hi Mike Yes that’s how I restarted it and it still shows the same - I have also removed the app from my watch and readded it on disabled it on the phone app re enabled it chose a pin and then says the same thing

I'm hoping at some point we will be able to reproduce this to get what's causing it weeded out. In the meantime, the only thing we can do is go through some trial and error to get the issue resolved. Real quick, do you have the older version of mSecure installed on your phone and watch? If you do, you will see an mSecure app icon that is a bright blue color on both devices.

Also, do you have mSecure 5 installed on at least one other device, and if so, is your data synced over to mSecure on that device? I'm going to have you reset mSecure completely on your iPhone and watch, so I want to make sure your information is safe.

Hi Mike 

I am brand new user so have downloaded the uptown date version of the apps to my phone and watch and iPad and also desktop version. Data is syncing across all 3 devices with success and no issues just the watch - will see if can do a short video on my phone as well at some point today

Andy

Thank you for the extra info Andy. I have run into this exact issue on my own Apple Watch, so it's something we know about. The problem is, we don't know how the Watch/iPhone apps gets into a state where the behavior is triggered. If we find a way to reproduce the problem, then I'm certain we could fix it for good, but I think you are the 2nd or 3rd customer who has reported this, so we just haven't been able to figure it out yet.

As long as you have all your information in mSecure on your iPad and computer, I'm just going to have you uninstall mSecure on your iPhone and watch, then have you shut down both devices. After they have been shut down for about 5 minutes, then you can start them up again, reinstall mSecure and see if that fixes the problem.

Make sure to delete mSecure from your iPhone first, then check to see if mSecure was deleted from your Watch as well. It should be deleted from both devices when you delete mSecure from your iPhone, but just make sure the app is removed from your Watch before you shut it down. After both devices have been shut down for about 5 minutes, go ahead and reinstall mSecure on your iPhone, and see if that fixes the issue.

Ok will do will let you know what happens
Hi Mike looks like that has resolved the issue hopefully with no long term repetitions ..many thanks Andy

It's great to hear that fixed the problem! I don't foresee you running into any problems with the Watch app from here on out, but should anything go wrong, let me know and we can troubleshoot the issue.

I’m having the exact same issue !!!! Wrong password everything E i re enable it .

hi Adam 

Follow what Mike has said in the blog abopve removing it from your watch and then your phone but mnake sure you havebacked up anything you have added on to the app it worked for me 

Andy

hi Adam

uninstall mSecure on your iPhone and watch, then have you shut down both devices. After they have been shut down for about 5 minutes, then you can start them up again, reinstall mSecure and see if that fixes the problem.

Make sure to delete mSecure from your iPhone first, then check to see if mSecure was deleted from your Watch as well. It should be deleted from both devices when you delete mSecure from your iPhone, but just make sure the app is removed from your Watch before you shut it down. After both devices have been shut down for about 5 minutes, go ahead and reinstall mSecure on your iPhone, and see if that fixes the issue.

Make sure you have whatever data on your app bvacked up 

@Andy

Thank you so much for following up on this issue with Adam! The instructions I had you follow should take care of the problem.

@Adam

After going through the steps above in Andy's post, did that take care of the issue? If not, can you let me know if you have the older mSecure app installed on your iPhone? It's the version with the bright blue app icon.

Login or Signup to post a comment