Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

New Computer But Cant Migrate Data

I've messed up the backup of my version 4 data and would like to move to version 5.  I have my old computer but I had performed a reset and now I can't access mSecure 4.  I have a .mscx file on the old computer but don't know how to move it to the new computer.  Can I move the file manually to the new hard-drive and somehow get it loaded onto mSecure 5 on the new computer?

I still have the data on my phone and can open it up with mSecure 4.  Can we use that to recover?

1 person has this problem

Hi Loyd,

Thank you for contacting us. The easiest thing to do here is to use the data that is already stored in mSecure 4 on your phone. Before I can help, can you let me know what type of device your phone is, as well as which specific version of mSecure it is running? You can find the version of mSecure at the bottom of the app's settings page.

One more thing, have you already installed mSecure 5 and set up an account on either of your devices?

Login or Signup to post a comment